This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate to say this, but games are finally becoming boring for me

#11GigerSupremePosted 8/28/2013 4:22:08 AM
okami is like videogame equivelent to moby dick.

a massive epic...
#12Skull007o_OPosted 8/28/2013 4:25:17 AM
From what I've read, I think you should migrate to handhelds (after you try everything PS2 has to offer)

Gaming isn't what it was before, as appealing to the masses is what matters if you try to make some money, and not creativity or all that stuff. If you don't go for the lowest common denominator, you cannot continue making super-expensive, hollywood-like games

I'm 21 and I kinda feel the same.. it must be because the transition between PS2/PS360 was way too rushed for me. I'm sure you all know what I mean
#13GigerSupremePosted 8/28/2013 4:28:20 AM
Skull007o_O posted...
From what I've read, I think you should migrate to handhelds (after you try everything PS2 has to offer)

Gaming isn't what it was before, as appealing to the masses is what matters if you try to make some money, and not creativity or all that stuff. If you don't go for the lowest common denominator, you cannot continue making super-expensive, hollywood-like games

I'm 21 and I kinda feel the same.. it must be because the transition between PS2/PS360 was way too rushed for me. I'm sure you all know what I mean

this true.

classic DS and GBA has an incredible library.

some real gems on the psp too.
#14ImMrMojoRisinPosted 8/28/2013 4:42:52 AM
This is an official diagnosis, and should be treated with the utmost urgency. There is a very serious condition that you show all the signs of called Jaded Gamer Syndrome, or JGS.

This condition is characterized by the patient thinking that they have already played the best games that they will ever play, and that there will never be another game like (insert your favorite game here).

You also have the rare, but serious, complication of JGS that makes you think they you have somehow "outgrown" gaming as a hobby, and you even have the rarer, yet even more serious, complication that makes you think you have the right to judge the industry as a whole and gives you the delusion that it is somehow in an overall decline, based solely on what YOU think makes a good game.

My prognosis is that you will continue to decline in your enjoyment of gaming unless you immediately:

1. Relax and realize that gaming is just a hobby and that announcing you are "getting less into gaming" makes you lool like a giant douche.
2. Start playing the games that you actually do enjoy or that you think are good. There's got to be at least a few still out there.
3. Get over yourself.

These steps are a plan of attack that will maybe, someday, bring your JGS into remission.

Oh, and JGS seems to be contageous, so if you are reading this and you think you might be exhibiting the symptoms, start to take the above recommended actions immediately. The industry depends upon gamers that still play games, so if you are worried about it being in decline, giving into your JGS will only make it worse!
#15huyiPosted 8/28/2013 5:39:15 AM
sorry but Ni no Kuni is a outdated genere that is on its last legs, no where near goty material, im personally fed up of gaming for very different reasons than you i don't want to go into it though as I've said it quite a few times now, the only thing we have to go back to is ageless classics of the snes/megadrive era, i will always go back to those games as they were my best gaming memories, ps1/ps2 had some classics too.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#16TRMDYLPosted 8/28/2013 6:13:32 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I've grown up with video games since the Atari 2600 until now and even though a new trailer or a new game announcement always brings such a childlike joy to my 28-year-old heart that I can't describe.

Unfortunately that joy dies very quick and even when I get my hands on the same game I was so excited about weeks ago I don't even want to start playing. I have a Massive backlog on my PS3 alone.

It's truly tragic because I loved games so much I actually wanted to make a living out of it. But alas, all has changed. But I promise you this, I'll be playing games as much as I possibly can until I can't hold a controller anymore. Even if it may be a bit less than before.
---
"Touch Your Eyeballs To Screen For Cheap Laser Surgery." Futurama
#17SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/28/2013 6:20:35 AM
Personally, I vastly preferred TR 2013 over Ni No Kuni. That's not to say that Ni No Kuni is not a good game, I just enjoyed TR that much.

Yeah, people lose interest in hobbies all the time. I'd say either find a new hobby or get into handhelds or PC gaming as the environment is much different.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#18majin nemesisPosted 8/28/2013 6:32:07 AM
huyi posted...
sorry but Ni no Kuni is a outdated genere that is on its last legs, no where near goty material, im personally fed up of gaming for very different reasons than you i don't want to go into it though as I've said it quite a few times now, the only thing we have to go back to is ageless classics of the snes/megadrive era, i will always go back to those games as they were my best gaming memories, ps1/ps2 had some classics too.

complains that Ni No Kuni is outdated goes to play old games
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#19Bearprint(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 7:02:32 AM
ImMrMojoRisin posted...

2. Start playing the games that you actually do enjoy or that you think are good. There's got to be at least a few still out there.

But that's the problem, right? The games that I enjoy (art games, J-RPGs) are rare today! And I can only find out if a game is good by buying it. Trust me, I play demos and watch reviews, but that's not enough. For example Tomb Raider, the reviews were good but the game was bad, same with Dishonored. I think the reviewers are a bit soft for my taste, haha.

Sure, there is the occasional Last of Us or Journey, but man they are rare. It's like finding gold: difficult, but rewarding when it happens. And don't forget you are speaking to a man who has spent all his life playing the best reviewed games ever, so I've been around.
---
Snake and Cloud = Best Heros Ever
#20SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/28/2013 7:20:10 AM
Bearprint posted...
ImMrMojoRisin posted...

But that's the problem, right? The games that I enjoy (art games, J-RPGs) are rare today! And I can only find out if a game is good by buying it. Trust me, I play demos and watch reviews, but that's not enough. For example Tomb Raider, the reviews were good but the game was bad, same with Dishonored. I think the reviewers are a bit soft for my taste, haha.

Sure, there is the occasional Last of Us or Journey, but man they are rare. It's like finding gold: difficult, but rewarding when it happens. And don't forget you are speaking to a man who has spent all his life playing the best reviewed games ever, so I've been around.

That's why I recommended handhelds and PC.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch