This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I bought a PS3 yesterday.

#1khardboredPosted 8/28/2013 6:13:35 AM
Little background info...

I haven't touched a PS since the PS2 launch. Nor have I ever even held, let alone played, anything related to PS3. I have been a loyal Xbox fan since the original launch of the system. I had a collection of 360 games just north of 100 titles, plus about 20 downloaded titles.

I ended up coming across a second 360 yesterday morning for $140. Brand new 250G unit. So I got to thinking about all the PS3 exclusives I have wanted to try over the years and so I asked my wife to call GS and see what their trade-in policy was. Well, they said they do system-for-system trades and to bring it in. So a few hours later I ended up trading the xbox and 48 games for 502 in-store credit due to getting 50% extra on various things. I have the receipt for any doubters out there.

So anyway, I pick up the Drakes 3 edition PS3 as well as copies of The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, MGS4, GoW 3/Ascension, Killzone 2/3, all the Resistance titles and The Darkness 2 (Love the series). Which came to about 400 something or other. Not a bad haul. Plus a free years worth of their magazine (which I loved). So I am pretty pumped at this point but having never even seen a PS3 in action, didn't really know what to expect.

So I get it home and hook it up. A years worth of PS+ for free? No CC required? Wow. Free games too? At this point (while browsing through the PS3s "dashboard") I am really starting to fall in love with the system I so carefully avoided over the years. After doing a system update, setting up my account and updating The Last of Us...I was hooked. I fear my 360 will sit untouched for, well, maybe eternity.

The visual style of the PS3 games I played last night (HR, Last of Us, GoW 3) was somehow different and better than what I had expected. Navigating the game menus and the dashboard was so new and refreshing that the entire time the PS3 was on I kept going on and on to my wife how utterly stoked I was.

Granted, I still will be getting the One come launch. But the PS3 has thoroughly won me over and given the availability of money I can see my entertainment center proudly housing both next-gen consoles.
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#2este914Posted 8/28/2013 6:14:25 AM
ok
---
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!
#3ImMrMojoRisinPosted 8/28/2013 6:19:18 AM
/BlogFAQs
#4Ownzer666Posted 8/28/2013 6:19:42 AM
Cool.
---
PSN: HAZ_NO_GEAMZ
#5shads3055Posted 8/28/2013 6:22:10 AM
cool but dumb since next gen ps4 is out in 2 months but whatever
#6ImMrMojoRisinPosted 8/28/2013 6:23:14 AM
shads3055 posted...
cool but dumb since next gen ps4 is out in 2 months but whatever

Why dumb? When PS4 comes out he will be able to get PS3 stuff for even cheaper!
#7khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 6:27:36 AM
It's dumb to want to play games I won't be able to play next gen?
Um...sure?
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#8ImMrMojoRisinPosted 8/28/2013 6:30:08 AM
khardbored posted...
It's dumb to want to play games I won't be able to play next gen?
Um...sure?

Don't worry, you made a great purchase. I recently got a PS3 as well, although I had owned one in the before times.
#9khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 6:33:12 AM
And this is something I would never have done a month ago. The stigma (in my mind) that has attached itself to those PS3 fans on the One board had really turned me off to all things PS3. I am really glad that I didn't judge a system based off of a handful of, well, strangers on the interwebs.
---
#10ImMrMojoRisinPosted 8/28/2013 6:36:37 AM
khardbored posted...
And this is something I would never have done a month ago. The stigma (in my mind) that has attached itself to those PS3 fans on the One board had really turned me off to all things PS3. I am really glad that I didn't judge a system based off of a handful of, well, strangers on the interwebs.

I've been involved on both communities, and there are douchebags on both "sides".