This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I bought a PS3 yesterday.

#11khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 6:40:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12Ocelot4444Posted 8/28/2013 6:43:21 AM
shads3055 posted...
cool but dumb since next gen ps4 is out in 2 months but whatever

ill never understand this concept. Not everyone cares about getting a new console at launch. Myself, i wait for the "fixed" version to be released than go all crazy for the first one dropped. I'll be laughing when i see topics of ps4 having issues. Meanwhile new ps3 owners can get pretty much all the ps3 games released at cheaper prices and still be enjoying a year of gaming.
#13ImMrMojoRisinPosted 8/28/2013 6:44:07 AM
Ocelot4444 posted...
shads3055 posted...

ill never understand this concept. Not everyone cares about getting a new console at launch. Myself, i wait for the "fixed" version to be released than go all crazy for the first one dropped. I'll be laughing when i see topics of ps4 having issues. Meanwhile new ps3 owners can get pretty much all the ps3 games released at cheaper prices and still be enjoying a year of gaming.

Make that "years" of gaming.
#14DevilTears604Posted 8/28/2013 6:47:04 AM
ImMrMojoRisin posted...
Ocelot4444 posted...
shads3055 posted...

Or a generation of gaming. I'm sure there are people out there who've only been playing PS2 up to this point, and once PS4 comes out, they'll go and grab up a PS3.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#15ImMrMojoRisinPosted 8/28/2013 6:49:09 AM
DevilTears604 posted...
ImMrMojoRisin posted...
Ocelot4444 posted...
shads3055 posted...

Or a generation of gaming. I'm sure there are people out there who've only been playing PS2 up to this point, and once PS4 comes out, they'll go and grab up a PS3.

True. They better hurry up and snatch all the games they want, though, before they become rare and "retro", lol.
#16Super Mecha SonicPosted 8/28/2013 7:13:42 AM
shads3055 posted...

Dumb? There is nothing dumb about it. Right now is the PERFECT time to buy a PS3.

A new PS3 console is cheap right now and people are dumping their old games for really cheap prices. And the most important thing of all, the PS4 won't even play PS3 games. So it's not like you could have just waited for the PS4.
---
Athlon X2 7750 | 2GB DDR2 RAM | HD4850 512MB | 250GB HDD | OCZ StealthXStream 500W | Windows 7
#17Pharsti01Posted 8/28/2013 7:19:14 AM
shads3055 posted...

Yes, because its dumb to get a system that has a whole library accessible to it at an amazingly inexpensive price, dumb indeed/end sarcasm.

Good for you TC, ive never understood why some people are loyal to only one system or anything but at least it worked out for you XD
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#18khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 7:32:20 AM
I was -very- surprised about just how cheap everything on the PSN Store is. I have to say that the PSN Store is just leaps and bounds better than anything MS currently offers. And speaking of cheap, I picked up quite a few of those games for under 15 dollars. Not to mention the local pawn shops and video places around here generally have a massive stock of used PS3 games for 10 and under. I will be getting a lot of mileage out of this console!
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#19AlexTheNextOnePosted 8/28/2013 7:45:15 AM
I had picked up a 360 first, about two years ago, and I only finally purchased a PS3 in November of 2012. Now my 360 collects dust, as I have literally no desire to play it.

I much prefer my PS3, and personally consider it the better system. Having the awesome Dragon's Crown to play right now also helps.
---
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
~
#20este914Posted 8/28/2013 8:03:42 AM
shads3055 posted...

hey dude I still play PS1 games does that make me a dumb or something
---
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!