This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

T/F: Jrpg fans "Ive played a 1 hour of GTA and it was boring and not good"

#1howdyneighbor25Posted 9/4/2013 9:38:35 AM
"Ni ni kuni is not that great until 15 hrs in"

in my experince i always see stuff like this for western vs eastern games. do u think it is cuz A most PS3 games r jrpgs or B cuz they r ps3 exclusive games?thoughts?
---
A new man
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#2AnonUnknownPosted 9/4/2013 9:53:39 AM
In before regionally challenged rant.
#3DevilTears604Posted 9/4/2013 9:56:09 AM
People just need something to complain about. That's all it is.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#4Rotary4evaPosted 9/4/2013 9:58:26 AM
It's because Jrpgs hold your hand throughout the entire experience whereas something like GTA allows you to go about as you please.

Kind I like taking a guided tour vs. wandering around on your own.
---
http://sadtrombone.com/
#5PangLaPosted 9/4/2013 10:03:21 AM
I may be the only one in the world that likes and play every genres there is... I really don't get how people can stick to one genre only, you're missing out on so much.
#6jordyboy1000Posted 9/4/2013 10:09:23 AM(edited)
PangLa posted...
I may be the only one in the world that likes and play every genres there is... I really don't get how people can stick to one genre only, you're missing out on so much.

^
This
I play any and every genre too.
Excluding sport and driving sims though...
---
"Deception and perfection are wonderful traits, one will breed love the other: hate"
#7TiaelPosted 9/4/2013 10:10:12 AM(edited)
Eh, I like JRPG, I like GTA, platformers, WRPG, some shooters, action/adventure, strategy, horror, puzzle, etc.
Only genres I really don't care for are sports games, racing simulators (ie I'd rather play Mario Kart than say Gran Turismo), and that's really it.

Hell, GTAV comes out on my birthday, can't wait.
---
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3052701/
- Dragon Quest is the best
#8MourningReignsPosted 9/4/2013 10:09:35 AM
jordyboy1000 posted...
PangLa posted...

^
This
Excluding sport sims though...

Then you don't play every genre.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#9jordyboy1000Posted 9/4/2013 10:11:10 AM
MourningReigns posted...
jordyboy1000 posted...
PangLa posted...

^
This
Excluding sport sims though...

Then you don't play every genre.

Well I've played them, I just don't enjoy them.
---
"Deception and perfection are wonderful traits, one will breed love the other: hate"
#10Mr_HakubiPosted 9/4/2013 10:12:16 AM(edited)
GTA4 is an extremely repetitive game and the difference is it won't get good or better even after that 15 hours.
---
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy301/MrHakubi/Tenchi%20Muyo/1e16f739.jpg