This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

T/F: Jrpg fans "Ive played a 1 hour of GTA and it was boring and not good"

#21docman864Posted 9/4/2013 12:48:24 PM
I play any games and genres except GTA. I can handle Red Dead Redemption, but GTA is pretty dumb IMO.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#22Devilman_AmonPosted 9/4/2013 3:02:34 PM
Rotary4eva posted...
It's because Jrpgs hold your hand throughout the entire experience whereas something like GTA allows you to go about as you please.

Kind I like taking a guided tour vs. wandering around on your own.

Didn't get this vibe with Xenogears which is one of if not the most revered JRPG this gen
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#23RevoredoPosted 9/7/2013 9:15:32 PM
They should admit that they don't like GTA. It's as simple as that.

For instance, I don't like soccer games (brazilian here). I don't like Fifa 2013. Do I say it is a bad game? Of course not.

Now in the other hand I have a thing with SRPGs, no matter how grindy or silly they are. I like Disgaea. Do I go all willy nilly telling everyone that it is a good game and they should try it? Of course not, I realize it's a mediocre game that I just happen to like.
---
Your childhood was good, but not objectively better than others'.
#24EvilCactusPosted 9/8/2013 12:52:48 AM
JRPG fans are generally confused by open world games, as they're often used to having the game play itself for them and the "story" spelled out for them, even though most JRPGs don't give much consideration to story in the first place. Games such as GTA don't appeal to JRPG fans because they expect too much from the player, and the story may go above their heads.
---
sig here
#25ShineboxerPosted 9/8/2013 1:13:33 AM
Revoredo posted...
They should admit that they don't like GTA. It's as simple as that.

For instance, I don't like soccer games (brazilian here). I don't like Fifa 2013. Do I say it is a bad game? Of course not.

Now in the other hand I have a thing with SRPGs, no matter how grindy or silly they are. I like Disgaea. Do I go all willy nilly telling everyone that it is a good game and they should try it? Of course not, I realize it's a mediocre game that I just happen to like.

I hate it when people here very casually pass off sports games like FIFA, NHL. NBA2K, Madden etc. just because they are sports games. There have been times this gen where I've had more fun and spent more time playing sports games then what people here would consider actual games.

I buy most yearly installments of sports games and they have been the solid anchor to consoles this gen, not the exclusives, time and again.
---
Intel Core i7-4770K | MSI Z87 MPOWER | MSi GTX780| G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#26ChaingunmasterPosted 9/8/2013 1:47:48 AM
JRPG fan here and I found GTAIV to be a good, if somewhat sobering, experience. It was far from the days of GTA III though, once the story was over I was basicaly done.
---
There was a FAIL here. It's gone now.
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#27thisranksPosted 9/8/2013 1:50:27 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
In before regionally challenged rant.

There wouldn't be a regionally challenged rant if it weren't for the regionally challenged and their abnormal regional mentality.

You wouldn't understand that because of the abnormal regional mentality though.

I know you're looking for more material to mark. There's nothing the regionally challenged dislike more than having their agenda questioned especially when they know it's weaker than a wet paper bag.
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, Kaori Kanzaki, and Himari Noihara FTW
#28ChaingunmasterPosted 9/8/2013 2:30:47 AM
EvilCactus posted...
Hey guys, look at how many generalizations I can make in a single post! Pretty neat, huh? Been practicing.

---
There was a FAIL here. It's gone now.
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#29LionheartCJPosted 9/8/2013 2:49:38 AM
Way to generalize

I like BOTH RPGS and GTA games
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkwiQmGWK4c - Oh Don Piaaaaaano
#30OracleGunnerPosted 9/8/2013 6:38:54 AM
False. I've played Vice city, San Andreas, GTA 3 and GTA 4. Didn't really like them that much. For my open world crime needs there is Saints Row. A game where I can use a sewage truck to decorate the city. And I'm a JRPG fan.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.