This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For Soul Caliber fans, did you prefer 4 or 5?

#1indicaPosted 9/4/2013 10:09:50 PM
Of course, the first was my favorite, but then 4
---
There is no good. There is no evil. There just is.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 9/4/2013 10:10:53 PM
My favourite is III. I disliked IV so much that I didn't even bother with V.
---
"Also I am NOT PROVIDING LINKS that would take FOREVER so I WRITE DOWN THAT INFO INSTEAD." - whatnow12012
#3Brocken_JrPosted 9/4/2013 10:13:27 PM
5, but for single player content, it was laaaaaAAAAAACKING. 4 can suck an ass cause it has stupid star wars crap. it was alright back then, but 5's fighting itself is alot better an faster. also, nightmare looks the worst out of every sc in 4. character creation is waaaay better in 5. music better in 5 to.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMiYzPsrAOo
psnprofiles.com/SHINOBI_3
#4OEIO999Posted 9/4/2013 10:16:42 PM
#5Nirvanas_NoxPosted 9/4/2013 10:18:09 PM
OEIO999 posted...

this is the only correct answer
---
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
#6Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 9/4/2013 10:18:47 PM
V is better than IV. I don't know many that dispute that. The only thing that V really has over IV is a better character creator mode which is a complete joke when you remember that Soul Calibur was beloved for its Weapon Master mode that was epic in SC1-3. Then came IV with a lackluster Tower mode that nobody asked for and V pretty much has a weak (Fight fake AI robots with names that was derived from Tekken 5) single player game that doesn't keep you occupied for long but longer than SC4. I love Soul Calibur a lot so it's difficult to see them not trying.

I actually enjoyed the story single player in SCV though. Compared to Soul Calibur IV it was a step up. I recommend SCV for fans of the series but I would just stay away from Soul Calibur IV as it's just not worth it anymore unless you have to play as Starkiller which is kind of sad.
#7Devilman_AmonPosted 9/4/2013 10:24:35 PM
The original and SC II
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#8Odin_theRoninPosted 9/4/2013 11:23:50 PM
I prefer 4 way more over 5.

2>3>4>5

Never played the first game.
#9qwertyMrJINXPosted 9/5/2013 12:02:52 AM
4 was definitely better. Felt a lot better to play. Didn't have those stupid super moves they added in 5.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#10namethatno1usesPosted 9/5/2013 12:25:35 AM
Soul Calibur is the only fighting franchise I'm in to, and actually know how to play decently.

I prefer 4.

Slower gameplay (As a non-fighting game nerd, I can actually tell what's happening in this game. Not in 5.)
no super gauge
larger cast, less emphasis on character creation.

I spent a few hundred hours on 4, while less than twenty in 5.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane