This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do Diablo fans think of the console version?

#1656stoogePosted 9/5/2013 12:02:03 AM
My brothers birthday is coming up and he's been playing Diablo 2 every week since launch. He got D3 on PC at launch, but only played it for a month before he got bored.

So, how does this new one fix all the problems with the PC version, and is it anywhere near as good as Diablo 2?

I've never played any of the games, so I'm clueless about them, but if people that hated the PC version liked this then I might order him a copy.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#2Retroxgamer0Posted 9/5/2013 12:43:20 AM
if you hated the pc version of diablo 3, you arent going to like the console version of diablo 3.
#3lambchipsPosted 9/5/2013 12:57:19 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
if you hated the pc version of diablo 3, you arent going to like the console version of diablo 3.

this
get him torchlight 2 instead
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#4jammitinPosted 9/5/2013 2:36:20 AM
I've put in 125 hours into Torchlight 2 and counting. Wonderfully great game.
---
Arkham Origins
#5WhyGeeGeePosted 9/5/2013 3:58:45 AM
656stooge posted...
My brothers birthday is coming up and he's been playing Diablo 2 every week since launch. He got D3 on PC at launch, but only played it for a month before he got bored.

So, how does this new one fix all the problems with the PC version, and is it anywhere near as good as Diablo 2?

I've never played any of the games, so I'm clueless about them, but if people that hated the PC version liked this then I might order him a copy.

I will tell you how it fixed the PC problem:

1- No AH at all.

2- Legendary items aren't useless anymore.

3- better crafting.

4- Monster power difficulty.

5- Couch co-op.
#6DarkSymbiotePosted 9/5/2013 4:02:01 AM
Just let me beat Diablo II and I'll get to III soon.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#7NextGenISbetterPosted 9/5/2013 4:05:37 AM
Diablo 3 isn't a Diablo game so we don't think about it
---
Next gen is better. Read my user name if you are at all confused by this. Will $ony be in last place again next gen ?
#8deimos91Posted 9/9/2013 11:09:36 AM
NextGenISbetter posted...
Diablo 3 isn't a Diablo game so we don't think about it

Yes it is it says it.If they make diablo 4 a yaoi sim its still diablo
---
You're a caveman angrily throwing rocks at fire.
#9IChangedMyNamePosted 9/9/2013 11:29:27 AM
Coming from someone who played the PC version.

It's just as addictive. I appreciate the lack of bugs. I stopped playing the PC version with-in the first month since there was a game breaking glitch in Chapter 1 where my game would just freeze for no reason upon talking to a NPC and each update only made it worse.

PS3 version does not have that issue, although screen tearing is a frequent occurrence.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#10NCPwnPosted 9/9/2013 11:50:38 AM
I'm having so much fun playing Diablo 3 on Console. I played the PC one, and it's night and day how different each play. When I wanted to play the PC with friends that came over, we had to setup our 4 laptops on the dinning room table and play for a few hours getting aches from uncomfortable sittings.

However, now we can all just lounge on the couch, and all play with one screen. THE COUCH CO-OP is just damn good. And when my wife want's to play with them, we can still do co-op and online with our friends (also doing couch co-op ).

No Auction house means, finding loot (trading) a much better experience. I got to nightmare mode on the PC and got bored. I'm almost finished with nightmare mode and can't wait to keep playing.

The other reason this game excels is that the controller is WAY better than the mouse + keyboard. Nothing says relaxing more than just using analog sticks, as opposed to mashing your mouse 100 times a minute. And it's easier to hit all 6 hotkeys as opposed to your hotkey settings on the keyboard, in my opinion.

So my reasons

-Couch Co-op with wife
-Offline play
-No Auction house to ruin a loot based game
-Better control input (controller instead of keyboard + mouse)
-Graphics (yes, my wifes laptop could barely run the game on PC. I had a gaming rig but not her)
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst