This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

my ps3 is turning on by itself and i don't know why,

#1magiceddie05Posted 9/7/2013 9:37:13 AM
so i was watching tv earlier and my ps3 out of nowhere just turned on by itself. i was reading up that if you have psplus it will turn on for automatic updates and what not. but i don't have that service right now. my only other thing is that my charge cable that was plugged into the controller caused it to turn on.
#2Darkstorm16Posted 9/7/2013 9:39:27 AM
For some reason I keep wanting to think it's possessed. Maybe something's pressing the power button on your controller?
---
PS Plus is one of the best video game rental service.
#3yoshi006Posted 9/7/2013 9:48:24 AM
My PS3 has turned on by itself on multiple occasions, long before I got PS+. The only possible explanation is that both our PS3s are possessed.
---
Good gameplay can easily salvage a bad story. Good story can never save bad gameplay.
The best games, however, have both.
#4SignusZerielPosted 9/7/2013 9:49:34 AM
I've had it come on by schedule with my PS+.

I also had it come on on its own sometimes whenever I so much as graze the controller. I've also had it come on when plugging it into my PC. Stupid oversight THERE, Sony.
---
GameFak - Power to the trolls, the asses, and the posers.
#5jammiesPosted 9/7/2013 9:49:34 AM
Do you have a PS3 remote? They made a horrible decision in making it turn your PS3 on by the press of any button. My cats used to step on it and turn the system on until I started keeping it under the chair or couch.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#6Darkstorm16Posted 9/7/2013 9:57:02 AM
jammies posted...
Do you have a PS3 remote? They made a horrible decision in making it turn your PS3 on by the press of any button. My cats used to step on it and turn the system on until I started keeping it under the chair or couch.

For some reason I just laughed badly at this lol
---
PS Plus is one of the best video game rental service.
#7JONlCSPosted 9/7/2013 10:06:52 AM
skynet
---
JawnixPSboy
http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/dog-comes-puppies-two-subwoofers-1275567122b.jpg
#8archizzyPosted 9/7/2013 10:26:51 AM
Disable remote play.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#9MGS4SNAKEPosted 9/7/2013 10:28:29 AM
Sounds like my wife.
---
"Alot of XBOX refugees pouring in lately." - PS1 Patriot
"PLAY at your own risk"
#10archizzyPosted 9/7/2013 10:29:09 AM
SignusZeriel posted...
I've had it come on by schedule with my PS+.

I also had it come on on its own sometimes whenever I so much as graze the controller. I've also had it come on when plugging it into my PC. Stupid oversight THERE, Sony.

Most people that have that happen have used their DS3 with motion joy on their PC. If you choose the "disconnect" option after using motion joy you won't run into this when plugging in/unplugging from a PC.

I've used my PC to charge my controllers for 6 years now and never had this happen once.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton