This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Lost Planet 3.... t-t-t-t-t-TRIPLE Bombs in Sales......!

#1Junpei_StupeiPosted 9/8/2013 4:04:40 PM(edited)
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=lost+planet+3

^ Pretty low for a Western-developed shooter. (not to mention expensive-looking.)

It even got outsold by Killer is Dead: (a SUPER niche game in America.)

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=killer+is+dead

I told you, Capcom! I told you so....., but you wouldn't listen. I told that this was a bad idea.

"That's what you get when you let your heart win". (Heart for money that is).

Now give us E.X. Trooper so you can get back the money you have spent for expenses.

---
I bought the wrong console this gen.
#2AnonUnknownPosted 9/8/2013 4:02:22 PM
Perhaps here, things will be different.
#3Skull007o_OPosted 9/8/2013 4:04:47 PM
I don't know what the hell is wrong with capcom. I mean, they can't possibly not know what we really want... are they even aware of that? such a big company must surely have people hired to find out what their fanbase really wants
#4shawnmckPosted 9/8/2013 4:08:05 PM
What I find sad is that Capcom owns plenty of franchises that need a comeback or a reboot that would sell much better, but for some reason Capcom keeps them shelved.
Games like Onimusha, or Dino-Crisis, or even Power-Stone.
Heck, even Mega-man would probably do better.

Although I do have to give Capcom props for making Dragon's Dogma....awesome game !

But Lost Planet never sold very well, so what does Capcom do ?
Gives them the green light to make a 3rd game.
WTF ?!

It makes you wonder, how many people in charge over at Capcom are actually gamers ?
But I digress.
I would so love to be in charge over at Capcom...and if I didn't make a profit, then I wouldn't expect to get paid.
#5PunkMcThrustPosted 9/8/2013 4:09:44 PM
Lost Planet 3 is the one outsourced game that Capcom couldn't cancel because it was too far into development.
They only released it because they were too far to just scrap it whole. I'm not surprised, I'll bet it didn't cost them much either. Not like they advertised it.
---
#1 hater of Capcom, casual games, casual gamers, and the God of War series
#6Hunter_mkPosted 9/8/2013 4:24:41 PM
Capcom keeps shooting themselves in the foot, no one asked for a LP sequel, LP2 was not even that good in sales, but no, they had to release it
---
RIP Xbox One 2013-2013
#7BurgerTime79Posted 9/8/2013 4:31:59 PM
*Sigh*
It's just Junpei copy/pasting his usual formula again. Trashing on things that look or are Western developed, and praising things that are Japanese.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#8MannerHatcheryPosted 9/8/2013 4:42:47 PM
How are there 3 of these? Did anyone care about the first 2? Or the first one even?
---
Winter is coming
#9StephieGamerPosted 9/8/2013 4:48:32 PM
MannerHatchery posted...
How are there 3 of these?
Did anyone care about the first 2? Or the first one even?

The first one sold 2-million.
---
My name's Reggie. I'm about kickin' ass. I'm about takin' names. And we're about makin' games.
#10deadmarvPosted 9/8/2013 5:01:05 PM
I'm beginning to think ole junpei is one of those "closeted" western game lovers. He sure does seem to only make topics about them.