This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why Western Developers afraid of adding color/female characters in their games?

#1MetaDeDeDePosted 9/9/2013 12:04:41 PM
It make their game beautiful and when a game is full of color it is full of life which appeal to all who want to have a good game and it will sell like hot cake all around the world, not just in USA.
But why did they go to use only shade of brown and gray and maing it look excatly like the world for this is a video game. Video game are meant to reflect and altenate world with colorful atmaspheres and place of beauty that you can't find in the world.

Why are they removing the colorful visual think that it is only for children?

They are also not aloow their gane to have any female playable character think that no one will play as the girl which is false. Not all thing in a video make sense thourgh the eyes of a playable male character. Sometime a female playable would help to add fun in a video game.

Why are western developer are not having colorful visuals and playable female characters?
---
What do you guys think about the fairy type?
Snorlax: This is delicious. Iris: O_O Charizard: Doe this mean i am in OU now? Pikachu: No es fake.
---
What do you guys think about the fairy type?
Snorlax: This is delicious. Iris: O_O Charizard: Doe this mean i am in OU now? Pikachu: No es fake.
#2Battleship_GrayPosted 9/9/2013 12:08:51 PM(edited)
Rayman is pretty colorful, as is Bulletstorm, DMC, Borderlands 2, Castle Crashers, Blood Dragon, Farcry 3, Scott Pilgrim, and a host of other games.

Tomb Raider, Remember Me, Mirror's Edge, all female mains off the top of my head, out of many more.

Generalize less. It'll help your argument.
---
Newest Art: Team Hyper Combo! http://i.imgur.com/W7YNdiC.jpg
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#3NCPwnPosted 9/9/2013 12:08:22 PM
The Witness
Portal
Diablo 3
WoW
/thread
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#4jordyboy1000Posted 9/9/2013 12:31:28 PM(edited)
I sincerely hope that English is not your first language.

Anyway...
As BattleShip said: stop generalizing.
---
"Deception and perfection are wonderful traits, one will breed love the other; hate"
#5zerooo0Posted 9/9/2013 12:20:28 PM
jordyboy1000 posted...
I sincerely hope that English is not your first language.

Anyway...
As Battle_Ship said: stop generalizing.

---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#6agrissaPosted 9/9/2013 12:35:14 PM
Too much colors= too video gamey. Western devs wants to make interactive movies and Westerners wants to play them. Grey and brown looks "cooler" and more realistic, so that's what they go for.
---
Remember when games used to be good?
Proud member of G.A.I.M. (Gamers Against Interactive Movies)
#7jordyboy1000Posted 9/9/2013 12:36:59 PM
^
http://i.imgur.com/vyoI9WZ.jpg
---
"Deception and perfection are wonderful traits, one will breed love the other; hate"