This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony knows you want Type-0 and Yakuza 5

#21Junpei_StupeiPosted 9/10/2013 9:26:43 AM
Loli jump
---
I bought the wrong console this gen.
#22HorrorSindicatePosted 9/10/2013 9:32:41 AM
levasty posted...
True. PS users really want it, hell I even want the first Yakuza game that came out for the PS3 but Sony nor Sega will never do anything about, this is just PR shenanigans.

KENZAN! AFAIK has no barring on the Canon of the franchise. Also it's cheap at play-asia.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#23The_DOAMPosted 9/13/2013 4:56:41 AM
You have to remember the PS Vita doesn't have backwards compatibilty.

Type-0 was a blockbuster Psp game slated for release really close to the Vita's launch. This wouldn't be a problem if the Vita could play the game but it couldn't and with so many people jumping ship to the new console in Japan and elsewhere. They probably decided it wouldn't be profitable to ship such a game overseas to a dead console. Ticked of they either waited a good while or refused to port PsP games to PSN.

Look at FFX HD 1 & 2 that game is now slated for release on two dying consoles the PS3 and the Vita. Once again if you could play it on your PS4 it wouldn't be a problem at all. Even KH HD and FF13-3 since thier releasing so close to the PS4 launch. Then you have Vita TV and it no longe becomes do you want a portable version or a tv version. But more like do you want to play it on your TV for $99 or $199 the Vita TV version will have a horrific effect on the PS3 version.

SE just seems to get screwed over with these console changes probably because they take so much time into developing their characters hair styles.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#24YamatoShogunPosted 9/13/2013 5:31:00 AM
The_DOAM posted...

Type-0 was a blockbuster Psp game slated for release really close to the Vita's launch. This wouldn't be a problem if the Vita could play the game but it couldn't and with so many people jumping ship to the new console in Japan and elsewhere. They probably decided it wouldn't be profitable to ship such a game overseas to a dead console. Ticked of they either waited a good while or refused to port PsP games to PSN.

Look at FFX HD 1 & 2 that game is now slated for release on two dying consoles the PS3 and the Vita. Once again if you could play it on your PS4 it wouldn't be a problem at all. Even KH HD and FF13-3 since thier releasing so close to the PS4 launch. Then you have Vita TV and it no longe becomes do you want a portable version or a tv version. But more like do you want to play it on your TV for $99 or $199 the Vita TV version will have a horrific effect on the PS3 version.

SE just seems to get screwed over with these console changes probably because they take so much time into developing their characters hair styles.

PS Vita can play PSP games therefore it is backwards compatible...
#25XenoFFvsPosted 9/13/2013 9:56:08 AM
YamatoShogun posted...
The_DOAM posted...

What he said.

Also I think you made your own point irrelevant by contradicting yourself in your own post, yhat's how I rsad it anyway.
---
Sytems Owned: NES, GEN, SATURN, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GC, Wii, PS3, 360, Wii U, OUYA, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, PSP, 3DS, VITA. Can't wait for PS4.
#26TerotrousPosted 9/13/2013 10:10:06 AM
I already gave up and imported Type-0, and my friend imported Yakuza 5.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Yume Penguin Monogatari"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#27The_DOAMPosted 9/13/2013 2:36:14 PM
XenoFFvs posted...
YamatoShogun posted...
The_DOAM posted...

What he said.

Also I think you made your own point irrelevant by contradicting yourself in your own post, yhat's how I rsad it anyway.

Point was releasing a major game near the end of a consoles life severely hinders the profits you can receive from that game. Grand Theft Auto V for instance is releasing soon but the systems it's on are moving out. So those who own the PS4 won't be purchasing that game at all since the PS4 isn't backwards compatible. Those buying it for their PS3 might get rid of it for the PS4 thus creating a wave of used copies. Forget making any major games for a system after the new version is released all together.

Yes the Vita can play Psp games and instead of arguing with that I'll tell you to go and preach that fact to the Psp boards. It's not like some of the best Psp games aren't even available on Psn or anyone over their is upset that they'd have to repurchase a digital game that they already own physically. Go and tell them that and see what you get.............
---
Ignorance is Bliss...