This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Building up my PS3 exclusive collection. KillZone and Resistance.

#1RPGNinja123Posted 9/12/2013 7:05:37 PM
Is the Killzone collection worth it if I didn't play any of them?

I am thinking of just skipping that and going with the Resistance collection as I have not played those as well and they seem to be the more critically acclaimed games.
---
3DS FC-0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add me)
If Obamacare is so amazing, how come nobody in Congress follows it?
#2SpaceMarineZackPosted 9/12/2013 7:15:02 PM
Killzone is fun but nothing great about it. Only played Resistance 3 not that great either Sony exlusive fps are not that good.

Do you have Yakuza 3,4 or dead souls, Valyria Chronicles, or Rainbow Moon (love the soundtrack and fun oldschool RPG)
#3RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 7:18:38 PM
SpaceMarineZack posted...
Killzone is fun but nothing great about it. Only played Resistance 3 not that great either Sony exlusive fps are not that good.

Do you have Yakuza 3,4 or dead souls, Valyria Chronicles, or Rainbow Moon (love the soundtrack and fun oldschool RPG)

Valkyria Chronicles I had to jump all over and get so yes that is waiting to be played when I get the PS3 on the 17th (really looks amazing)

Have not tried the Yakuza series what is that more like Sleeping Dogs or something?>
---
#4SpaceMarineZackPosted 9/12/2013 7:21:28 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
SpaceMarineZack posted...

Valkyria Chronicles I had to jump all over and get so yes that is waiting to be played when I get the PS3 on the 17th (really looks amazing)

Have not tried the Yakuza series what is that more like Sleeping Dogs or something?>

Yakuza is a beatemup you get to buy weapons and uprgade your skills, no driving, but the fights are fun, go around doing quest or jobs for people. Dead souls is a zombie shooter spin off.
#5Ninja4HPosted 9/12/2013 7:24:01 PM
Resistance 1 and 3 are definitely worth playing. Enjoyed Killzone 2, apart from the constant pauses during checkpoints (not a major hassle, just bugged the hell out of me).
---
"Candy. Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy."
PSN - VoodooPimp138 {-} MGO - thelastninja
#6Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 9/12/2013 7:27:49 PM
I'm having a decent time with Killzone 2 and I never liked the first one that much. It's brutal and that's what is fun about it.

Here are few of my favorites exclusives:

Demon's Souls
Valkyria Chronicles
3D Dot Game Heroes
Dragon's Crown
Hot Shot's Golf out of Bounds
ICO/SOTC Collection
Folklore
Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn
Journey Collector's Edition
Heavy Rain
Katamari Forever
Aquanaut's Holiday (Import but the Chinese version has multi-language I believe)
Afrika
the Last Guy (PSN)
Metal gear Solid 4
Shatter (PSN)
Yakuza 4 and 5
Warhawk
White Knight Chronicles I and II (not for everybody and the servers are down as well)
#7RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 7:29:26 PM
That is awesome guys thanks for the recommendations!
---
#8arclouks_xPosted 9/12/2013 7:34:06 PM
well, I personally love kz2 and 3multiplayer, single player is.just ok for 1&2 and kz3 disappointing.

And resistance is good
fom is really nice old school fps, challenging if played on hardest difficulties
resistance 2 is pretty casual and meh.but the coop is f...ing great
and 3 campaign was pretty good,great weapons, enemies settlings, story is just.ok
---
PSN:JustArc_/arclouksx
Now playing:Pixel Junk Monsters HD,Divekick.