This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony lost all its good exclusives

#1toastedmuffin89Posted 9/13/2013 12:22:11 AM
MGS V and Kingdom hearts 3 are going to xbox one.

What's left that's worth while that is a contender to their exclusives. Thankfully Bungie is done making Halo game for Microsoft or else they would have better exclusives.
#2BeknessPosted 9/13/2013 12:25:56 AM
Kingdom Hearts has been on Nintendo handhelds, already.

Also lol at the Metal gear thing.
#3toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 12:26:53 AM
Bekness posted...

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Phantom-Xbox-One/dp/B00DB7W4XA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379057191&sr=8-1&keywords=MGS+V
#4daemon_danPosted 9/13/2013 12:28:22 AM
Also, Metal Gear Solid 1 was re-released on Gamecube, and both MGS 1 and 2 had PC ports
---
Bekness is more amazing than any game ever <3
#5BeknessPosted 9/13/2013 12:29:36 AM
toastedmuffin89 posted...
Bekness posted...

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Phantom-Xbox-One/dp/B00DB7W4XA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379057191&sr=8-1&keywords=MGS+V

Yes.... I'm laughing because do a little research on the history of Metal Gear.
#6Red_JesterPosted 9/13/2013 12:30:33 AM
Don't forget the original Metal Gear games on the MSX and NES.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#7toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 12:31:21 AM
daemon_dan posted...
Also, Metal Gear Solid 1 was re-released on Gamecube, and both MGS 1 and 2 had PC ports

Metal Gear was with Microsoft first with the MSX2.
#8toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 12:34:29 AM
Bekness posted...
Bekness posted...

That doesn't mean anything just because it started on another console.

Sony can buy the rights if they wanted to make it exclusive. Or they can make it where the console isn't powerful enough. Hence GTA V needs 2 discs on xbox360 and one on PS3.

With MGS4 it would have been like 4 discs on Xbox 360. But it probably could have been done like that.
#9Red_JesterPosted 9/13/2013 12:35:36 AM
Sony didn't lose "its" good exclusives. That implies Sony had any responsibility what so ever for their non-first party exclusives in the past. The truth is that many of those default exclusives were only exclusive because Sony absolutely CRUSHED the competition last generation. Developers didn't even need to develop ports or go multi-platform and that was especially the case for Japanese developers.

They lost that massive leadership position and developers needed to go multi-platform. As for Japanese games, PC developers all jumped ship to consoles this generation (and last gen) and provided competition not yet seen on consoles. Japanese developers who naturally favor the Playstation brand became less relevant.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#10daemon_danPosted 9/13/2013 12:36:35 AM
Bekness posted...
Bekness posted...

That doesn't mean anything just because it started on another console.

Sony can buy the rights if they wanted to make it exclusive. Or they can make it where the console isn't powerful enough. Hence GTA V needs 2 discs on xbox360 and one on PS3.

With MGS4 it would have been like 4 discs on Xbox 360. But it probably could have been done like that.

It's REALLY funny that you think console power is equivalant to how many discs a game is. No. DVDs hold less data than Blu-Ray discs. That doesn't mean the PS3 is more powerful cause it can read Blu-Rays. It just means it can read Blu-Rays. Yes, the PS3 is more powerful, but your post s full of ignorance and idiocy
---
Bekness is more amazing than any game ever <3