This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony lost all its good exclusives

#71riddlebox89Posted 9/13/2013 10:09:57 AM
XxIamKiraXx posted...
And metal gear was nintendo franchise first anyway.

Uhh no it wasn't, the two NES games are both non-canon, one was a complete bulls*** port that was made without Kojima's knowledge and the sequel was pretty much just as bad, Metal Gear was a Microsoft franchise first, not Nintendo.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#72toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 10:49:41 AM
Shineboxer posted...
GothicWar posted...
I saw this topic and shake my head, people think these are the only good game exclusives? Ok other good sony exclusives like ( not just me, although some I not a big fan as I'm stateing facts on exclusives for PS3 ), which we got God of War Series, Infamous, Killzone series, Disgaea ( with anything almost anything else as well from NIS America or it's parent Nippion Ichhi Softwaee ), 3D Dot Game Hero, Little Big Planet series, Valkyria Chronicles series ( the 1st game came to PS3 ), Yakuza series, Uncharted series, Katmari Damacy series, and Folklore ( which was an early in PS3 lifespan release. I'm sure if you look abit more you can find more games, but PS3 has alot of exclusives that will remain exclusives for now anyway.

None of those sell very well outside GOW and most of those games can change hands at any time. They're not worth buying the console.

So someone else mentioned to you none of those are the so called system sellers.

A new metal gear or kingdom hearts , Final fantasy, Halo are system sellers.

All you did was name a bunch of the good exclusives. While that may be revelant to the name of the title its still not system sellers in the ways those other games are.

I know first hand people bought a PS3 just for MGS4. I am one of them. When PS3 slim launched I bought one game for like the first month MGS4.

I know people who did it with Halo as well. They have an xbox just for Halo or gears of war.
#73toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 10:54:57 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
They lost FInal Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Tomb Raider, GTA and many more.

Final Fantasy had ports to PC and various handhelds, it was never exclusive.

DMC3 also had a PC release, so it hasn't been exclusive in a long time.

The only PS exclusive version was SC3, all other versions were on another console.

Tekken, granted, even if it had an arcade release most people played at home.

Tomb Raider had PC releases

GTA also had PC releases.

I seem to be noticing a trend with your list of exclusives.

Are you ignorant enough to not realize many of those ports are happening after the fact they were exclusive. I'd almost be willing to bet some of them we're timed contracts. So most likely the port happened when the contract ended as with many ports.

You seem to be missing the point of how Sony had acquired the rights to many of these games only to later get ported.

\Look what happened with Rare and Banjo Kazooie and oddworld strangers wraith. They got bought out by MS. Now strangers wraith finally got ported to the PSN in the last few months.
#74captsplatter_1Posted 9/13/2013 11:10:34 AM
I say Microsoft lost all it's exclusives. Mass Effect, Bioshock, to just name a few.
#75riddlebox89Posted 9/13/2013 11:18:33 AM
toastedmuffin89 posted...
Are you ignorant enough to not realize many of those ports are happening after the fact they were exclusive. I'd almost be willing to bet some of them we're timed contracts. So most likely the port happened when the contract ended as with many ports.

You seem to be missing the point of how Sony had acquired the rights to many of these games only to later get ported.

Are you ignorant enough to not realize that when they got ported over is irrelevant and the fact remains that none of them were ever Sony only franchises? Because you know, they're not, never were, Sony doesn't own them, Sony can't lose what they don't own kid.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#76darkness1018Posted 9/13/2013 2:50:44 PM
Sony didn't lose its great exclusives, they still have:

Ratchet & Clank series
God of War series
Killzone series
InFamous series
Sly Cooper series
Resistance series
Uncharted series
Tales series (for now)
Anything by Quantic Dream (Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls)
Anything by Naughty Dog (The Last of Us)

So no, Sony still has great exclusives. The ones M$ have that anyone cares about is Halo & Gears of War.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita) 3DS XL FC: 2277-6638-2466 GT: Gambit1018
Systems I own: PS3, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, Xbox 360, 3DS XL
#77PunkMcThrustPosted 9/13/2013 3:00:44 PM
Third party exclusives really shouldn't count.

And LOL@Metal Gear and Kingdom Hearts being 'Sony' exclusive. Metal Gear has been on Nintendo and Microsoft platforms since the 80's, MGS2 was on Xbox, Twin Snakes, etc.
Kingdom Hearts has appeared more times on Nintendo systems than it has anywhere else.
---
#1 hater of Capcom, casual games, casual gamers, and the God of War series
#78toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 2:58:47 PM(edited)
riddlebox89 posted...
toastedmuffin89 posted...

Are you ignorant enough to not realize that when they got ported over is irrelevant and the fact remains that none of them were ever Sony only franchises? Because you know, they're not, never were, Sony doesn't own them, Sony can't lose what they don't own kid.

You're just as ignorant as when I used to see you post.

And it's common sense that unless Sony is the developer of the game then it can get ported unless they're signed into contracts.

For instance. Microsoft bought the rights to the halo Franchise. You won't see a Halo game on another console. Maybe a bungie developed game but not a halo one. Unless its a type of spin off.

Not to mention its not just limited to franchises. Look at the Final fantasy franchise. It spans across multiple consoles.

I know you're too ignorant to figure this out but I'm sure there are legal reasons why FFX has yet to get ported to other non Sony devices. I'm assuming Sony owns rights.
#79CronoGuyverPosted 9/14/2013 3:43:05 PM
How could they lose something they never possessed them to begin with.

Only games developed and published by Sony are possessed Sony - so stuff like infamous, killzone and etc.
---
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.
#80toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 4:15:48 PM
CronoGuyver posted...
How could they lose something they never possessed them to begin with.

Only games developed and published by Sony are possessed Sony - so stuff like infamous, killzone and etc.

How does Microsoft own the rights to Halo then. I know because they bought the rights from Bungie Genius!

Third party games can still be owned by Sony. It doesn't have to be developed by them.