This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reflecting on the past: ........ What made PS2 gen better than PS3?

#1Jx1010Posted 9/14/2013 5:38:28 AM
Theres something special, warm and friendly about the PS2 days....
No DLC
Mainly day one DLC after already paying for ur game

No terrible glitched games with needed patches

No heavy focus on online mode,
replacing other modes

Alot of good games, thats when we still had a good final fantasy not like 13
..... and Capcom was still a good company
.... JRPGs werent being taken over by loli themes
..... Non over-saturation of shooting games or multiplayer
#2FTWWholeFnShowPosted 9/14/2013 5:46:54 AM
1thing. A plethora of good wrestling games!!!

shut your mouth
Here comes the pain

Then the Japanese gems

Fire pro
King of Collosseum II
Aspw 3
Wrestle kingdom 1&2
---
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/-PSN: Bennyhanna316
FEAR THE BENNY BOMB!!!!
#3jammiesPosted 9/14/2013 5:55:49 AM
inb4nothing

nothing

---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#4jmtstanPosted 9/14/2013 7:23:55 AM
fighting games, jrpg, tps,fps, sports, action adventure.... back then it was full of variety of genre...

this gen, we get lots of sequels from last gen games, and also from same gen timeline. I can understand yearly update on sports games, but FF13 and its sequels... now even Lighting is being treated like a Barbie Doll that we can dress around any outfit.

Squaresoft > Square Enix...
---
Android phones + Vita = happy face
PSN: jmtstan79
#5CojiroseanPosted 9/14/2013 7:31:44 AM
Opposed to loli, TC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHsBrdYQmro

Enjoy.
---
"I, who stand in the full light of the heavens command thee, who opens the gates of hell. Come forth, divine lightning! This ends now. Indiguneishon!"
#6zooknutPosted 9/14/2013 7:35:44 AM
aahhhmm well ahhh they did have some cool games back in the day! but I wouldn't use the word better
#7Evil_GogetaPosted 9/14/2013 7:36:25 AM
Cojirosean posted...
Opposed to loli, TC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHsBrdYQmro

Enjoy.

Yep, you`re 10 years old.

Anyhow on topic, I dunno the plethora of really good RPG`s.
---
PSN: GuiltyPersona Playing: JoJo`s Bizarre Adventures: All Star Battle, Rayman Legends and Puppeteer.
My JoJo/JPN Game based channel: http://bit.ly/15HUBPr
#8ThePCElitistPosted 9/14/2013 7:38:17 AM
I never cared much for last gen or this current gen. I actually quit caring after the psone/n64 as those were the last consoles I actually liked outside of the Dreamcast.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#9luigi13579Posted 9/14/2013 7:45:27 AM
Mainly the games for me.

While this gen certainly has its fair share of good games, I'd have to say that last gen had even more. As far as the truly outstanding games go, I think last gen wins even more convincingly.

The one bright spot in terms of games for this gen is the emergence of smaller downloadable titles, offering experiences that AAA games typically don't offer these days (e.g. 2D games).

The issue, however, is that we're not seeing as many games in that little spot between AAA games and indie games, i.e. the games that aren't indie but don't quite have the massive budgets of Square Enix, Rockstar Games, Konami, first-party studios, etc.

I also liked how all the main consoles were quite different from each other, in terms of games, features and the overall experience. Yes, it meant that you had to buy more consoles to experience all the best games, but at least there was little redundancy, and you had a choice of different experiences (people always go on about competition anyway). PC and handheld gaming were more unique compared to console gaming as well. Now it seems that consoles are becoming more and more like the PC, while lacking a lot of the benefits.
#10DoramiPosted 9/14/2013 7:55:02 AM(edited)
Jx1010 posted...
No terrible glitched games with needed patches
r

Morrowind, KOTOR, NWN... the same 3 B developers were making badly bugged wRPGs last gen as this gen.

I seem to remember a lot of Call of Duty and Medal of Honor spam last gen too.
---
"Why do ppl say Steam/PC has DRM? The only thing steam does is prevent piracy, and there's nothing wrong with that." - Oil_Rope_Bombs