This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does pre-ordering work for the rest of the world? Because in the U.K...

#1DEMONPANDA212Posted 9/16/2013 4:49:35 PM(edited)
It really is one of the easiest things ever, no commitment as you can cancel whenever, no money changes hands before the game launches unless you use a site that gives you the option to pre pay etc...

I really don't get the hate, for such an awesome service, so I can only assume that the U.K's system is vastly superior.

I on average, pre order about 100 games a year over the 3 of us (3 gaming brothers), we'll maybe buy 30, if that.

It is just so easy to preorder while it's at a decent price (I got Pikmin 3 and W101 for less than 62 total, which was an acceptable price) and cancel later on if it sounds crap.

And that's just online, in store, if you preorder, you can just not pick it up and your copy will go on sale for someone else, so you don't even need to cancel.
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
3DS (Zelda) 2320-6650-1378
#2Shy420Posted 9/16/2013 6:42:57 PM
In the US most places require a 5$ deposit but you can cancel at anytime and get that 5$ backs. At some places you have a time period to pick up the game before it's sold, but you get your money back. For me pre-orders aren't a big deal, I pre-order everything.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#3PStrifePosted 9/16/2013 6:58:49 PM
Online is the only honest way to pre-order, that way you don't have businesses like Gamestop using your fees to leverage themselves more yummy interest from their banks.
#4Shy420Posted 9/17/2013 4:51:58 AM
PStrife posted...
Online is the only honest way to pre-order, that way you don't have businesses like Gamestop using your fees to leverage themselves more yummy interest from their banks.

You're right because the interest on 5$ is amazing. Know what, they don't get interest if you pre-order a week or two ahead of time.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#5StockpileThomasPosted 9/17/2013 5:05:09 AM
Why the hate is what you are wondering, this should answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf5Uj4XIT1Y