This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why don't we see the same kind of Snobbery for GTA that we do in Persona series?

#21qwertyMrJINXPosted 9/18/2013 8:51:30 PM
When GTA IV was the latest one, many people (including myself) absolutely despised it. For good reason, it was terrible. Then again, maybe that's not the same as with Persona. Old School Persona fans seem to dislike the direction Persona went in, and the introduction of "dating-sim elements," whereas old school GTA fans just hate that GTA IV is a boring game with nothing to do.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#22Dicer7Posted 9/18/2013 9:43:06 PM
SignusZeriel posted...
The problem with Persona is, it got slapped with the SMT label. And its fans desperately want it to be associated with SMT.

And yet, P4 is essentially School Days Waifu the simulator with an RPG tacked onto it. Even the other spin-offs of SMT can manage to capture the general feel of SMT. Persona 3 did somewhat. 4 wishes it did. 1 and 2 managed it pretty easily.

While fun, P4 is a farcry from where Persona itself was, and if 5 continues the trend of being a School Days Waifu game, I don't see a whole lot of people sticking with it anymore.

I pretty much agree with all this. Ever since Cozy Okada left Atlus they've pretty much bastardized the series into a dating sim. The series was supposed to be about the ideas of Carl Jung (with nods to H.P. Lovecraft) and they've been ignoring that more and more.