This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

D you keep your video games?

#41XyexPosted 9/20/2013 9:30:35 PM
I keep most of them these days. I used to sell/trade most and keep only my absolute favorites, but I've had to re-buy several of them upon realizing I liked them more than I'd thought. I'll still sell/trade the ones I either barely touch or don't care for.
---
DESTROY IT ALL
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ck_rjyRNIY
#42Stanger5150Posted 9/20/2013 9:32:21 PM
Every single one of them since 1989. Up to over 1,500 now. I'm not even a collector. I enjoy having a huge library to chose from to suit whatever mood I'm in. Some of my library is uploaded on gameFAQs, while the majority hasn't been catalogued yet.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
NP- Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Genesis), Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA), PS All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3), Mortal Kombat 4 (PS1)
#43HandGodPosted 9/20/2013 9:51:31 PM
Xyex posted...
I keep most of them these days. I used to sell/trade most and keep only my absolute favorites, but I've had to re-buy several of them upon realizing I liked them more than I'd thought. I'll still sell/trade the ones I either barely touch or don't care for.

Same. The only difference being that I will only absolutely sell it if I didn't like it, which is pretty rare (I guess I'm easy to please). Even ones that I don't care for, I'll still hang on to if I'll only get pennies for it.

I had to swallow the fact that I was buying games twice, which really didn't sit well with me. I fixed it by keeping my games, and if I really don't foresee myself playing any particular game in the near future and I can't find shelf space for it then... well... to the closet it goes. People might get the idea that I'm hoarding, but I've just kicked myself far too many times over the years for selling games only to want to play them years down the line to find out they are being price gouged on ebay (even popular games like Nintendo titles, which I could never figure out). I sold my whole PS2 collection at one point, and some of the prices these games are going for on there are insane.
#44XWolfOPosted 9/20/2013 9:54:21 PM
I keep most of them. I'll only sell a game if I get so bored of it that I'm absolutely sure I'll never touch it again.
---
Woof...
#45dkconklinPosted 9/20/2013 10:00:19 PM
I only sell a game if its so bad that i'm embarrassed to own a copy. Last time that happened was with Ninja Gaiden 3. I didn't want its foul stench anywhere near my other games.
#46XyexPosted 9/20/2013 10:05:59 PM
HandGod posted...
Xyex posted...

if I'll only get pennies for it..

That is why I have only ever sold to EB/Gamestop *once* and then never again. It's not worth it there, there are so many much better options for selling/trading old games.
---
DESTROY IT ALL
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ck_rjyRNIY
#47brennisteinPosted 9/20/2013 10:14:22 PM
A lot of the games I play don't emphasize re-playability. For the most part, I'd go back to them just to beat my previous high score. I guess that's my incentive for keeping them around. It's hard to say there's a sense of 100% completion since I know I can always push myself to achieve more points or stockpile more extra lives during my next playthrough.

FYI, I'm generally referring to arcade-style shoot 'em ups. I recently imported Star Soldier for PS2, and at the moment, that's pretty much what I play to the exclusion of everything else. I'm one shmup-lovin' schmuck.
#48brennisteinPosted 9/20/2013 10:20:26 PM
dkconklin posted...
I only sell a game if its so bad that i'm embarrassed to own a copy. Last time that happened was with Ninja Gaiden 3. I didn't want its foul stench anywhere near my other games.

Ninja Gaiden 3 ended up being my favorite game in the series, even though it was rather universally panned for its bugged-out difficulty level. The only part that made me want to grind my teeth was the impossibly short timer during one of the late-game stages. You literally didn't have enough time to get through the level without losing at least one life to a time over. Maybe it's been done in a speedrun game before, but I doubt the average player could execute a practical strategy for avoiding it.
#49CloneTheHeroPosted 9/21/2013 2:23:08 AM
keep my favorites and sell the rest
---
Currently Playing: PS Home, Tales of Graces f, LittleBigPlanet
#50NovaKaneXPosted 9/21/2013 2:48:12 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
Keep faves, sell most

This.

My PS3 collection has been kept under 20 because I'm always tossin' games in the trade pile to get rid of. No reason to keep games if I'll never touch them again.
---
"I don't care! I don't give a damn, about the memory of Hulk Hogan!" - Sid Justice