This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should Gamespots GTA V feminist reviewer get fired?

#1Jx1010Posted 9/18/2013 2:42:07 PM
For saying this PS3 game is misogynistic and has issues with women? - Results (935 votes)
Yes
36.68% (343 votes)
No
63.32% (592 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Link for info:
http://systemwarsmagazine.com/2013/09/16/report-gamespot-reviewer-gives-gta-v-a-generous-score-readers-want-her-fired/

For those that dont know, she said Grand Theft Auto 5 is misogynistic and has issues
with women in her review.
I dont know what should happen,
but these journalists need to stop bringing their feminist views into our PS3 video games,
they just attack games lately.
#2Astute-CIassPosted 9/18/2013 2:45:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3AnthonM2Posted 9/18/2013 2:46:29 PM
No, GTAV should be banned.
#4hyperknees91Posted 9/18/2013 2:46:34 PM
Man everyone should watch totalbiscuits dragon crown video to get why she shouldn't.

There is nothing wrong with the review. She gave it a glowing praise otherwise. If the game is sexist and that bothers her, no reason to hide it. There are plenty of other reviewers where that doesn't bother them so you can read those instead =p
---
oof
#5VarronPosted 9/18/2013 2:50:17 PM
Feminists in general piss me off. They take everything way too seriously.
---
PSN: Snippuh
#6TriangleHardPosted 9/18/2013 2:51:34 PM
It's one thing to have political views, but if that views affects your job, then you are doing something wrong.

Especially when it comes to journalism, which is supposed to be about being objective as possible.

Of course these days, that's thrown out the door. Just look at Fox.

Yes journalism is supposed to be about reporting the facts objectively as possible. Reviews are difficult to do that, since quality of game tends to be based on subjective views, but political view has nothing to do with quality of the game. This reviewer allowed personal political issues to cloud one's own judgement.

I think the reviewer has shown to be a failure as professional journalist. Gamespot should give that person a warning. If that person still doesn't follow, then that person deserves to get fired.
#7NextGenISbetterPosted 9/18/2013 2:56:58 PM
Astute-CIass posted...
Stop referring to him as "she/her". It's a man. End of story.

I think not my friend, have you hear her voice in the video review.
You may want to retract your statement like a true gentleman
---
Next gen is better. Read my user name if you are at all confused by this. Will $ony be in last place again next gen ?
#8Mad_CauliflowerPosted 9/18/2013 3:01:48 PM
The gaming public should stop being so affected by her words, while stating that she shouldn't be affected by GTAs content.
---
<-<- Proud Non-Jaded Gamer & Graphics Whore ->->
Z87 Extremem4 | Intel i7 4770 3.4Ghz | 32GB DDR3 PC2133 RipjawsX | GTX 780 3GB | 120GB SSD
#9SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/18/2013 3:16:27 PM(edited)
Heck no. If that's her opinion, and it affected her enjoyment, it should be reflected in the review.

Also, just because someone finds something offensive because of misogyny doesn't mean they are feminist. It means they don't hate women.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#10RoxasANobodyPosted 9/18/2013 3:15:50 PM
I don't think she understood that GTA5 is supposed to mock everything within reasonable means.
---
http://tinyurl.com/mbl6d3k - It'll make your day.
Currently playing: FIFA 13, Mass Effect Trilogy, and Forza 4