This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate these PS3 games I got

#11InkSpell432Posted 9/20/2013 5:37:49 AM
Much of the games you listed? Not the best games, really. They're not horrible, so 5/10?

The good game you mentioned was Ratchet and Clank, maybe get Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops as your only Call of Duty games.
---
MapleStory - Khaini Server; Main: iDramaStory, Lv. 169 Shadower
"I don't play a lot of 'em, but when I play JRPGs, I get addicted to it." -Me
#12Gameguy1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 7:15:41 PM
2 Zeros, a 2 and a 3 so far and one good score so far. I know graphics got better late in the PS3's run probably, but gameplay is more important in the long run.

I would rather play the PS2 Ratchet games than the PS3 Ratchets which all got lower scores. Freaking Burnout Paradise sucked I played it and the PS2/PSP burnouts were way better. GTA IV and V look to be a step down from PSP/PS2 GTA's. Without extensive playing of PS3, I am more excited to play the Mega Man PS3 remakes (9 and 10 or whatever) than I am the latest COD games or GTA V
#13SoulClankPosted 9/21/2013 2:41:12 AM
Gameguy1 posted...
I just FINALLY am getting a PS3, my sister's husband gave it to me. So far I have only beaten Prince of Persia which I liked a lot when I borrowed it from him last year. I played GTA IV but didn't like it as much as the older GTA's.

These are the games I got:

Motorstorm (played PSP game)
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Resistance: Fall of Man (thinking of getting Resistance 2 but heard it wasn't as good)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (sequels not as good?)
Modnation Racers (played PSP game)
Ratchet and Clank Collection (played PSP game)

Some of these games have sequels but these are the one's I thought were good.

Ill be real here since no one else is.

The 2 Motorstorm titles are great for starting games. I'll say 7.5/10

Resistance 1 I never really got into. I heard the 2nd and 3rd are way better. NA/10

CoD 4 to me is a waste this late in console generation. The single player is ok. I would get at least MW2. The others were very eh to me. Maybe get BO 2 if you want to get caught in the current Multiplayer. 4/10

The Ratchet and Clank collection to me was your best purchase and I HIGHLY recommend the Future series 10/10

altogether Ill say 6.5-7/10
#14SoulClankPosted 9/21/2013 2:42:39 AM
Modnation is NA/10 as well I haven't played the PS3 version, and I really disliked that PSP port.
#15SoulClankPosted 9/21/2013 2:49:39 AM
Gameguy1 posted...
2 Zeros, a 2 and a 3 so far and one good score so far. I know graphics got better late in the PS3's run probably, but gameplay is more important in the long run.

I would rather play the PS2 Ratchet games than the PS3 Ratchets which all got lower scores. Freaking Burnout Paradise sucked I played it and the PS2/PSP burnouts were way better. GTA IV and V look to be a step down from PSP/PS2 GTA's. Without extensive playing of PS3, I am more excited to play the Mega Man PS3 remakes (9 and 10 or whatever) than I am the latest COD games or GTA V

The PS3 ratchets are just as good. You will s*** seeing the graphics in Ratchet and Clank Future: Crack in Time. I would stick to the Future series though

- Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty (PSN game mainly a small filler title, with Rathcet, and a character from Tools of Destruction)
- Ratchet and Clank Future: Crack in Time
- Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus (Will be coming out soon)

I agree with Burnout though I never liked the others either.

GTA 4 was lacking, but it still is worth a playthrough, and GTA 5 is damn good just as good as SA (still lacking in some stuff but they make up for it with all the new stuff)

Megaman remakes are great
#16Gameguy1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 11:47:18 AM
Burnout Legends was a great game for PSP but actually never got into Burnout 3. I liked Burnout 1 and 2.

Anyway, I beat the first 6 Mega Man games for NES but I think 9 and 10 for ps3 look much harder, or at least on par with MM1.

I think I will get COD MW2 and if that is good I will try 3. I don't think as far as war games any can match up to Medal of Honor and MOH Underground for PS1, I don't care how many copies COD sells.

I only play single player though, I should have mentioned that. I am not much of a hardcore gamer anymore as I am now in my 30's. The weird thing is I have time to play games, not married and no girlfriend, just don't have the urge like I did with PS1/PS2. Over the past 5-6 years or so, I beat about 20 PSP games and 10 DS games.

I still look forward to getting the PS3, I like that they kept the Dual Shock the same, don't like the new PS4 controller from pics I have seen.
#17ZiggletoothPosted 9/21/2013 11:57:58 AM
Motorstorm (played PSP game) N/A
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift N/A
Resistance: Fall of Man (thinking of getting Resistance 2 but heard it wasn't as good) 8/10
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (sequels not as good?) 6/10
Modnation Racers (played PSP game) N/A
Ratchet and Clank Collection (played PSP game) 8/10

21/30

I can't judge the ones I haven't completed or even played, a lot of people here seem to think they can.

Also I don't care whether something is old or not that's an appeal to novelty fallacy, it has no affect on the score.
---
He feared that his home should appear to Gods and men.
Dreadful, dank and hated even by the Gods. Hades -Iliad 20.64-65
#18agrissaPosted 9/21/2013 11:59:30 AM
0/10
---
Remember when games used to be good?
Proudly boycotting Capcom and DLCs.
#19true_gamer80Posted 9/21/2013 12:02:35 PM(edited)
some of you are gamers here right? I seriously have to ask this the way some of you just dismiss or bash games left or right..meh its not the most super popular hyped up newer releases, even though at one time or another this very board praised to no end most of the games listed its a meh, 2/10....come on guys lol

TC you have a good list of fun games there
---
Kool Keith-intergalactic leader of the halfsharkalligator halfman space men
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyS2y4vysIY
#20ZiggletoothPosted 9/21/2013 12:04:07 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
some of you are gamers here right? I seriously have to ask this the way some of you just dismiss or bash games left or right..meh its not the most super popular hyped up newer releases, even though at one time or another this very board praised to no end most of the games listed its a meh, 2/10....come on guys lol

welcome to gamefaqs, if you have anything of value to do don't come here.
---
He feared that his home should appear to Gods and men.
Dreadful, dank and hated even by the Gods. Hades -Iliad 20.64-65