This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Female Gamestop employee being very RUDE to a GTA V customer (video!)

#31Shy420Posted 9/19/2013 4:03:44 AM
I thought she said that he needed ID to pick up a pre-order that was already paid off. But it's quite easy to be angry at the employee since you don't see the ass-hattery that preceded her reaction.

And there is no law regarding the sale of "mature" video games to minors. There are laws governing obscene media but then you have to prove it and a non government induced rating system simply isn't enough for that.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#32majin nemesisPosted 9/19/2013 4:26:36 AM
Spectral_Cloud posted...
Neither of them are in the right here. The man tried to use a business card as a valid ID to pick up the game which is simply ridiculous and childish to react badly when told it wouldn't work. All adults should be expected to carry around valid ID at all times.

This certainly doesn't put the women in the right though. She reacted unprofessionally to the situation, no matter what the customer does you are to react in a respectful and polite manner. By refusing to give her full name and number to the man she basically confirmed that she knew she was wrong and was trying to cover herself as much as she could.

Both reacted badly to the situation and both were in the wrong. Expecting someone to have valid identification isn't asking too much, thinking you can use a business card is rather stupid to the situation as well, but simply talking things through would have helped far more than the freaking out she did though the man did react in a correct way when given poor customer service. Neither right and neither totally wrong.

this
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#33DevilTears604Posted 9/19/2013 4:27:24 AM
It always amuses me how some people seem to think that just because ONE employee acted that way, that means ALL of them act that way.

And yeah, the vid doesn't show what the guy did or said to cause that reaction. It's like when Anthony Weiner was running for mayor of New York and somebody showed him screaming at a guy in a bagel shop and everybody went, "Wow, what an a-hole he is!" What they didn't show was a few seconds earlier, that guy had called Weiner's wife a "raghead." I'm sorry, but cussing the dude out seems pretty justified to me.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#34majin nemesisPosted 9/19/2013 4:47:24 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBGtajCKkO0

>gamestop is being mean to a guy that is clearly was over 17.

>selling M rated games to a minor is NOT illegal and there is no law preventing it. Gamestop just takes things into their own hands and pulls this BS on their customers by forcing they show their ID even though there is no law for it >_>

>female gamestop employees are the worst they think they are Queens because they are sorrounded by unsecure beta whiteknights and feel empowered so they are mean to customers.

>she treats the guy badly, mocks him, says sarcastic stuff and threatens him with giving out his personal information.

>I would sue and that guy should sue.

>we should all send an email or a phone call to gamestop corporate and voice our disapproval of that employee and how its wrong to treat customers that way.

i don't get what that employee being a female as to do with any of this she was being mean to that
customer because he was being mean too although she took it to far and maybe you're the one that's insecure since you need to bring gender issues where there were none
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#35SmoshCuchPosted 9/19/2013 4:48:10 AM
It seems obvious that the guy was being a *&^% pre-video. It's a shame that she couldn't keep her mouth shut 5 seconds longer until he was out of the store; she'd be fine.

The guy filming, who was obviously on her side (another sign that the customer was a &*^%, since the people who were actually there to see it were on her side), should have chimed in.

People mouth off at customer service for the same reason they do on the internet: because they feel protected. You can curse and scream at customer service people all you want, and if they dare fight back, you yell for the manager or call corporate to report them.

When someone behind you in line tells you to shut the &*%# up and go home, you have no power over them. You're on perfectly equal footing. You can say what you want, but so can they. You can act the tough guy, but you may actually have to back it up.

I've only had to do it a couple times, but man is it funny to watch them instantly deflate when they realize that they can't call your manager or tattle to mommy 'cause the man is being mean to them. And if you've ever worked with customers, it's really satisfying to finally have the freedom to call them a &*%$ and not worry about getting anyone in trouble.
#36Mad_CauliflowerPosted 9/19/2013 4:50:41 AM
I was once in a situation where I could've easily slammed the customers head into the counter top.

Don't underestimate how irate gamers can get.
---
<-<- Proud Non-Jaded Gamer & Graphics Whore ->->
Z87 Extremem4 | Intel i7 4770 3.4Ghz | 32GB DDR3 PC2133 RipjawsX | GTX 780 3GB | 120GB SSD
#37SmoshCuchPosted 9/19/2013 4:56:06 AM
Mad_Cauliflower posted...
I was once in a situation where I could've easily slammed the customers head into the counter top.

But you didn't, probably because it wasn't worth losing your job (and possible assault charges in that case). That's why customers feel protected when they yell at people on the job. They can complain and try to get you fired, but you can't do the same to them. It's a gutless move.
#388f9g43k8ku7335pPosted 9/19/2013 4:56:37 AM
She wanted the d.
#39Mad_CauliflowerPosted 9/19/2013 5:02:05 AM
SmoshCuch posted...
Mad_Cauliflower posted...

But you didn't, probably because it wasn't worth losing your job (and possible assault charges in that case). That's why customers feel protected when they yell at people on the job. They can complain and try to get you fired, but you can't do the same to them. It's a gutless move.

Yeah, that's true.

On the plus side, I've had many verbal threats that ended in cowardly men walking in then back out.
---
<-<- Proud Non-Jaded Gamer & Graphics Whore ->->
Z87 Extremem4 | Intel i7 4770 3.4Ghz | 32GB DDR3 PC2133 RipjawsX | GTX 780 3GB | 120GB SSD
#40Godly_GoofPosted 9/19/2013 5:02:31 AM
SmoshCuch posted...
It seems obvious that the guy was being a *&^% pre-video. It's a shame that she couldn't keep her mouth shut 5 seconds longer until he was out of the store; she'd be fine.

The guy filming, who was obviously on her side (another sign that the customer was a &*^%, since the people who were actually there to see it were on her side), should have chimed in.

People mouth off at customer service for the same reason they do on the internet: because they feel protected. You can curse and scream at customer service people all you want, and if they dare fight back, you yell for the manager or call corporate to report them.

When someone behind you in line tells you to shut the &*%# up and go home, you have no power over them. You're on perfectly equal footing. You can say what you want, but so can they. You can act the tough guy, but you may actually have to back it up.

I've only had to do it a couple times, but man is it funny to watch them instantly deflate when they realize that they can't call your manager or tattle to mommy 'cause the man is being mean to them. And if you've ever worked with customers, it's really satisfying to finally have the freedom to call them a &*%$ and not worry about getting anyone in trouble.

I also don't think customers realize that at a certain point as an employee you just stop giving a F***. I remember years ago when I was working at Tim Hortons (first real job lol) I got a customer who complained when his coffee wasn't filled right to the top (no really), and then when I apologized and said that id get him another one after getting it for him (he said he wanted it black) he proceeds to throw the coffee in my face (which is scalding mind you). I proceed to jump the counter and beat the s*** out of him and what's he do? The first thing he does is cry to the manager that the whole issue was my fault.

All I can ever think of when I see these videos that start mid-conflict. Especially because customers can be real a**holes :/ especially if you're like me and work in the medical field (Med-Tec) you really just see the scum of the earth. It's like Youtube's comment section gained a physical form...
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.