This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My PSN got hacked today

#1TombantePosted 9/19/2013 1:50:00 PM
Luckily I was signed on to catch it, and was able to change my password. All of a sudden I got "you've been signed on a different PS3". I haven't game shared with anyone except the PS3 at my gf's house which she was using and she was signed on at the time so it wasn't her. Me and the hacker were doing a sign on battle signing each other in and out, I had my gf look as it was happening it was switching from the game I was in and the Playstation Store. Finally I was able to change the pass in time, and my credit card wasn't saved so nothing happened.

Pretty scary I've never had an account hacked in my life, and my password wasn't terribly complex but I don't think it would be guessable either. Did this happen to anyone else today? Sony support wouldn't give me the details of where the IP was from who was doing it either which is dumb. All they really told me is to change my password and e-mail.
---
www.chadwarden.com
www.chadwarden.com
#2arczero_xPosted 9/19/2013 2:09:40 PM
Well, think of the bright side - at least your day has become a bit more exciting.

Seriously though, that is scary and unfortunately the only way to get around to that is to change your email and password and never allow it to be used on any other consoles other than yours.
---
http://backloggery.com/arczero
Whatever that is on your mind is my signature.
#3GuitaristMattPosted 9/19/2013 2:28:07 PM
luckily, when somebody signs into your account on another ps3, your credit card information is wiped.
---
What does it mean if the PS Button glows blue?
"orcs are near" -OMG_A_PONY
#4PlaysaverPosted 9/19/2013 7:00:35 PM
Well there is the possiblity that they hacked somewhere else and got that password from there, and then tried that pw on with your e-mail on the psn. That happens when you use the same password in more then one place.
#5Lord_Ka1nPosted 9/19/2013 7:05:51 PM
it wasnt me
#6Draconas_LyrrPosted 9/19/2013 7:13:44 PM
Someone in Hong Kong tried to access my Facebook a couple days ago. Facebook actually did something right for once and locked access to my account.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.
#7Gamer4ever77Posted 9/19/2013 7:58:30 PM
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
Someone in Hong Kong tried to access my Facebook a couple days ago. Facebook actually did something right for once and locked access to my account.

If that ever happened to me, I'd be swearing for 30 mins straight.
---
I will not change this until WWE brings back the KOTR PPV. {Started 2-1-10}
Minnesota Vikings 2013 0-2
#8Draconas_LyrrPosted 9/19/2013 8:06:10 PM
Gamer4ever77 posted...
Draconas_Lyrr posted...

If that ever happened to me, I'd be swearing for 30 mins straight.

Well, it wasn't completely locked. It just told me that someone from Hong Kong tried to access my account from an unknown device and was temporarily locked. It had me change my password, and all was good. I don't have anything important on Facebook anyways, I rarely use it.

I hate Facebook/Myspace/Twitter/etc, but my friends, family, and the people I went to school with all use Facebook, so it's the easiest way to stay in touch.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.