This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What ever happend to... Bioshock Infinite?

#1Ace_of_Spades90Posted 9/20/2013 7:15:41 AM(edited)
Remember when everyone was proclaiming it was game of the year? Well it's like Tomb Raider stole it's spot. Looking at polls, it's always GTA, TLOU, & TR battling it out. I hear time and time again that infinite was a disappointment.

My question is this: what happened? Is it just being overshadowed by newer games? Was it only great when it was released because it didn't have competition yet? What's your opinion?

Personally, I loved it. I thought it was a step down from the first, but it's still better than the second one.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 9/20/2013 7:13:48 AM
People got tired after that stupid ending. Also, it's dumbed down combat wise compared to the older games.
---
My Saints Row IV Review:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/649270-saints-row-iv/reviews/review-155468
#3ManinstagnatePosted 9/20/2013 7:22:50 AM
It was overhyped by the developers for years saying it will be all dynamic and stuff but in reality it turn out to be just another corridor fps Ken Levine is the number one bs game desiner in the industy always states his games will be genre changing but actually ends up mediocre.
#4RioichiCooperPosted 9/20/2013 7:23:59 AM
Maninstagnate posted...
It was overhyped by the developers for years saying it will be all dynamic and stuff but in reality it turn out to be just another corridor fps Ken Levine is the number one bs game desiner in the industy always states his games will be genre changing but actually ends up mediocre.

Peter Molyneux is worse about that.
---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
#5Devilman_AmonPosted 9/20/2013 7:24:48 AM
I dunno. Kurt Schilling and Motomu Toriyama are pretty high up the BS meter scale....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#6theshovellerPosted 9/20/2013 7:26:43 AM
People are waiting for the Return to Rapture DLC campaign, would be my guess. I'm excited for it, anyway.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#7HanfengLinPosted 9/20/2013 7:26:57 AM
It is called "flavor of the week".

Notice how nobody REALLY cares about TLoU now that GTA5 is a thing?
#8Ace_of_Spades90(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 7:27:35 AM
HanfengLin posted...
It is called "flavor of the week".

Notice how nobody REALLY cares about TLoU now that GTA5 is a thing?

True.
#9Ace_of_Spades90(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 7:29:04 AM
theshoveller posted...
People are waiting for the Return to Rapture DLC campaign, would be my guess. I'm excited for it, anyway.

Same : )
#10zooknutPosted 9/20/2013 7:31:51 AM
im a huge bioshock rapture fan I have plated 1 and 2 many times thru...my biggest gripe with infinite was the combat system..i just couldn't get into it and having someone follow me around the whole time and flip me coins at crazy times..it felt like a chore sometimes whereas in rapture I found the guns and plasmids worked like a charm and had improved the combat system in bio 2...I think infinite was a very pretty game and very imaginative but it just wasn't bioshock without big daddies little sisters collecting adam and splicers it just wasn't rapture so it wasn't the same...but this is old school rapture fan point of view and probably a bit biased