This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Suda51 should make a JRPG

#21ShuraYukihimePosted 9/23/2013 5:38:32 AM
laharl81 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
laharl81 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
He should make a good game.

You mean like Killer is Dead, No More Heroes and Lolipop Chainsaw?

Lollipop Chainsaw is good. The others... not so much.

Even Lollipop still suffers from things "common" in Japanese games. Clunky controls for example.

I get what Suda tries to do. People just give him too much credit for often falling short.

I disagree, all 4 of his games were a blast to play, no more heroes 2 being my personal favorite.

I'm not saying they aren't fun.
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#22DarkSymbiotePosted 9/23/2013 5:40:36 AM
ShuraYukihime posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
laharl81 posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
He should make a good game.

You mean like Killer is Dead, No More Heroes and Lolipop Chainsaw?

Lollipop Chainsaw is good. The others... not so much.

Even Lollipop still suffers from things "common" in Japanese games. Clunky controls for example.

I get what Suda tries to do. People just give him too much credit for often falling short.

I know. I think I enjoyed it so much because of the characters, story and concept. The base gameplay is very basic by today's standards.
---
My Saints Row IV Review:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/649270-saints-row-iv/reviews/review-155468
#23Combo MasterPosted 9/23/2013 5:46:24 AM
He actually has 5 games this gen No more heroes 1 and 2, lollipop chainsaw,Shadows of the damned and the killer is dead. All of them were disappointments to me as killer 7 is one of my favorite games ever for it's story and atmosphere. Only game i didn't care for was lollipop chainsaw.

I also liked extermination from last gen better than any of his current gen games. So all in all he has definitely gone down hill but I am still a fan.
---
Combo Master
#24Shadow CloudPosted 9/23/2013 5:59:15 AM
All style and no substance pretty much describes much of Suda51's work. No More Heroes and Shadows of the Damned were the games from this gen that have received a good reception.