This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Logical reasons why you hate Call of Duty and it's so awful.

#1mmpepsiPosted 9/23/2013 2:32:25 PM
Well there are really no logical reasons to hate a video game so much, but people are weird so whatever.

Saying that it's the same game every year is not a logical reason, since it's not. It's the same as any other sequel to any other game.

Saying because it comes out every year is not a logical reason. If it was lacking in quality, then it would be, but every year it's a AAA quality game.

Saying it's because you don't like FPS isn't a logical reason. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.

So go ahead, post logical reasons about why you hate it more than anything else in life, as a lot of you seem to.
#2MlREFOXPosted 9/23/2013 2:38:35 PM
Try writing coherently and with a modicum of logic and I'll respond.
#3SoaringDivePosted 9/23/2013 2:48:38 PM
The heavy use of aim-assist in the game combined with the low amount of health make the game a dull and mindless twitch shooter, where you win from being the first one to mash the shoot button.

You could argue that you can turn it off, which is true. However, getting every player in an online match (which is considered the most important part of Call of Duty game) to turn it off is near impossible. And it doesn't fix the problem with low health.
---
Check out my sound cloud! I write orchestra pieces, sometimes piano solos: https://soundcloud.com/soaringdive
#4GuardianShadow0Posted 9/23/2013 2:48:40 PM
I don't hate CoD, I hate its effect on the industry. So many series are being changed to try and get that slice of the CoD pie and it's usually the final game of the series since they get rid of the original fans and fail to bring in new ones. Again, I don't hate CoD, I just hate how so many try to be just like it instead of doing what made them what they are. Don't try and gain the world while losing your soul in the process.
---
Killer of Topics
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RYXYmYq3kWc
#5king_maddenPosted 9/23/2013 2:54:26 PM
MlREFOX posted...
Try writing coherently and with a modicum of logic and I'll respond.

.....but....you already responded....
#6Paragon-57Posted 9/23/2013 2:58:38 PM
I love the Call of Duty games. Modern Warfare series and the Black Ops series, prefer the Campaigns over the Multiplayer - but will play the Multiplayer every now and then.

GuardianShadow0 posted...
I don't hate CoD, I hate its effect on the industry. So many series are being changed to try and get that slice of the CoD pie and it's usually the final game of the series since they get rid of the original fans and fail to bring in new ones. Again, I don't hate CoD, I just hate how so many try to be just like it instead of doing what made them what they are. Don't try and gain the world while losing your soul in the process.

As I said I love Call of Duty, however I completely agree with your post.

Example: Halo 4.

I know Call of Duty didn't invent it, but it seems Multiplayer consists of: Classes, Killstreaks and Perks. A lot of games just lose their identity and seem like a poor man's version of CoD. Another example is the latest GoldenEye 007: Reloaded title... The 'remake' of the original N64 title. Just feels like a not-as-good CoD with James Bond as the protagonist. (Still enjoyed it a bit, but it lacked any 'big' like areas and expansive maps, exchanging it for smaller areas and hallways. Still kinda enjoyed the Campaign. Multiplayer was just a skin of CoD.)
---
P a r a g o n - 5 7 was here!
Hmm... Secret Board... http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/646330-paragon
#7servb0tsPosted 9/23/2013 3:07:22 PM(edited)
I never played COD series, so I can't hate them for what they do. I do however hate developers & publishers that try to change certain games similar to COD series in terms of sales, as they don't care about how they Tarnish a gaming series history in order for a quick buck,
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems.
A Strong Fighter is not One who Wins the Fight, But One who can Stands after Defeat.
#8BurgerTime79Posted 9/23/2013 3:18:28 PM
I don't like it because I don't like shooters that are based off of real life military combat and focus on the multiplayer experience. That doesn't make it bad, it just means I don't like it.
---
Co-host of The Intellivisionaries Podcast
The answer to most questions in FFXIV: DO THE STORY QUESTS!!!
#9skermacPosted 9/23/2013 3:37:24 PM
The only thing I hate about it is lag.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#10Devilman_AmonPosted 9/23/2013 3:51:29 PM
mmpepsi posted...
Well there are really no logical reasons to hate a video game so much.

Yes there are.

A game like Peter Jackson's King Kong for NDS for example. The game is almost unplayable at a certain point when you run into the giant crabs. So if a game collapses onto itself like a collapsed anus, then yes its logical to hate a video game.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)