This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got a new PS3 and I have questions:

#1ExaetellusPosted 9/24/2013 7:50:32 AM
1. Can I just bring music over via flash drive? I'm probably just to copy all my files from my laptop.
2. How do I customize my wallpaper?
---
Life starring you, breaking through, hold on tight to the radio.
#2ChaingunmasterPosted 9/24/2013 7:52:54 AM
Is your previous PS3 still working? If not, then you can't bring anything over that you didn't copy to a USB beforehand.
---
There was a FAIL here. It's gone now.
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#3ElDudorinoPosted 9/24/2013 7:59:25 AM
Yes, you can bring music over from a flash drive. But take note that if you don't use a specific directory structure when putting the music on the flash drive, when you plug it in you won't actually see any of the music on your PS3. Assuming this happens, and it probably will, just press the TRIANGLE button and there's an option along the lines of "Show all files" or "Show all folders" or something. This will display your music.

To change your wallpaper, just go to settings and change it. You can change it to any image file, or you can go on the PlayStation Store and download new wallpaper, or go on a wallpaper site. There are also "themes" which change the wallpaper and other stuff like icons and so forth. You can get those on the PS Store as well or on specialized sites like allps3themes.com . "Dynamic themes" are themes with moving elements, so your wallpaper can actually be animated.
#4Exaetellus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 8:03:06 AM
ElDudorino posted...
Yes, you can bring music over from a flash drive. But take note that if you don't use a specific directory structure when putting the music on the flash drive, when you plug it in you won't actually see any of the music on your PS3. Assuming this happens, and it probably will, just press the TRIANGLE button and there's an option along the lines of "Show all files" or "Show all folders" or something. This will display your music.

To change your wallpaper, just go to settings and change it. You can change it to any image file, or you can go on the PlayStation Store and download new wallpaper, or go on a wallpaper site. There are also "themes" which change the wallpaper and other stuff like icons and so forth. You can get those on the PS Store as well or on specialized sites like allps3themes.com . "Dynamic themes" are themes with moving elements, so your wallpaper can actually be animated.

So by specific director, is this something I have to prepare ahead of time on my laptop?
---
Life starring you, breaking through, hold on tight to the radio.
#5HanfengLinPosted 9/24/2013 8:04:52 AM
Yes and no. It is quite simple to do once you figure it out. Otherwise, you'll find the music regardless.

I THINK it is PS3 folder->Music folder.
#6ElDudorinoPosted 9/24/2013 8:34:55 AM
Basically, the PS3 will only immediately recognize your thumb drive as carrying music if you organize it a certain way. Like, you'd have to create a folder called PS3 and then make a sub-folder called MUSIC and put all the music in there. Or maybe it's something else like PS3\AUDIO or whatever. Anyway, it's not really necessary as long as you remember to press Triangle and choose to view all files when you select the thumb drive.