This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 anime fans... come here

#1Jx1010Posted 9/24/2013 1:52:07 PM
1 - What are the best Anime applications for PS3?
Netflix - Good but limited amount of anime
Crunchiroll - Whats ur opinion?
Neon Alley - Downer for me since u cant control when u watch shows, right?

2 - What are the best anime games for PS3?
Any anime related games... All I know is DragonBall z games and one Bleach game...

3 - Why are some animes available on Crunchiroll and Netflix in full HD,
but not available for sale on Bluray?
Since I use Netflix and Bluray animes on my PS3
#2TriangleHardPosted 9/24/2013 1:55:09 PM
Jx1010 posted...
1 - What are the best Anime applications for PS3?
Netflix - Good but limited amount of anime
Crunchiroll - Whats ur opinion?
Neon Alley - Downer for me since u cant control when u watch shows, right?

2 - What are the best anime games for PS3?
Any anime related games... All I know is DragonBall z games and one Bleach game...

3 - Why are some animes available on Crunchiroll and Netflix in full HD,
but not available for sale on Bluray?
Since I use Netflix and Bluray animes on my PS3

1. Dunno, I only use Netflix. I don't think PS3 is ideal place to watch anime anyway.

2. Anime based games always kind of sucks. Not counting games that turned into anime (like Persona) I'd have to give it to Naruto. At the very least, that game kept the feel of the anime well in the gameplay.

3. again dunno.
#3Omegamaster006Posted 9/24/2013 2:00:53 PM
Above posted is right about anime base games is always suck. So get Tales of Graces F and Tales of Xillia. They are anime games. They not come from anime TV series anyway.
---
I'm Tales of series fan.
#4Bestia_SomniaPosted 9/24/2013 2:09:55 PM
JoJo's All-Star Battle is the best adaptation into video game that I've seen and played
---
http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1554077/
#5thisranksPosted 9/24/2013 2:19:06 PM(edited)
1) I use the Youtube app. Works perfectly fine and i'm amazed at how much content there is. If there's a show not on there i have 5 other sites bookmarked that work as well and have video players that function with the PS3 browser. I was interested with Neon Alley but i don't like how they schedule shows. Shame as i badly want to watch Lagrange 2.

2) Most anime to video game translations are fighting games and since fighting games aren't my specialty i can't give an honest response. I do wish more visual novels got localized, though.

3) Because it forces you to pay to watch. As soon as some people have the BR or DVD it gets uploaded to a free site and those sites lose money.
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, Kaori Kanzaki, and Himari Noihara FTW
#6thisranksPosted 9/24/2013 2:21:45 PM
Omegamaster006 posted...
Above posted is right about anime base games is always suck. So get Tales of Graces F and Tales of Xillia. They are anime games. They not come from anime TV series anyway.

Thanks for reminding me how truly ignorant some people are...
---
Delusions are as necessary to happiness as realities.
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, Yui Kotogawa, Kaori Kanzaki, and Himari Noihara FTW
#7KerberosPanzerPosted 9/24/2013 2:26:25 PM
crunchyroll is great, with their anime coming out a day after the air date. An hour after it airs for those that pay enough. Honestly, I just buy most of my anime on DVD and BluRay.

Asura's Wrath is a great anime inspired game. It's set up like a 24 episode anime series, complete with opening and closing credits and commercial bumpers. And the chapter pack DLC is worth it. Another Century's Episode R and Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs are great mecha anime games too, but they are import only.

Girls und Panzer and My Ordinary Life is available in HD on Crunchyroll and is not on BluRay in the US.
---
Visually, TVR doesn't do subtle, and the Sagaris is like being poked in they eye with an electric cattle prod.
#8star_guy_100Posted 9/24/2013 2:28:25 PM(edited)
netflix is ok for anime. they seem to always take ones off and replace them with ones im not as interested in, but that could just be me and what im into. right now a few that they have, both full metal alchemist series and one of the movies. samurai champloo, girls bravo, soul eater for another week, sekirei, rosario vampire, blood+, dgray man, chobits. i dont know about hd though.

as for anime games, i dont have any for the ps3. i have a few anime style games, catherine maybe. i heard the naruto games are good.
#9Megathorn22Posted 9/24/2013 2:59:59 PM
Ni No Kuni might hit the spot.
#10skermacPosted 9/24/2013 3:01:35 PM
Does Netflix have The Guyver? Its one of the best anime series ever!
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive