This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 anime fans... come here

#11docman864Posted 9/24/2013 3:03:10 PM
Did you guys see Suda51's new game called Ranko Tsukigime? It's a collaboration project with the the creator of Akira.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#12GemininoiserPosted 9/24/2013 4:48:47 PM(edited)
Never tried Netflix or Neon Alley. Didn't try Crunchyroll because to watch on PS3 you need a premium member account and I'd rather just watch on PC or IOS for free. But it does have a fairly large selection of anime but I don't know the ones there that are not available on netflix or blue-ray.

As for anime games...
Some of my favourite JRPGs of the genre are the Disgaea series(actually SRPGs) and the Tales of ... series(actually ARPGs).

Other Jrpgs I've heard of but haven't played are Valkyria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean, Atelier series, Hyper Dimension Neptunia series(Tried MkII but never got into it), Record of Agarest War Series, Ar tonelico Qoga, Mugen Souls, Legasista and Ni No Kuni

If you like fighting games(which I'm more knowledgeable on) there's...

Blazblue series(Probably my favorite fighting game series),

Persona 4 Arena(like Blazblue, but easier to get into. It's a sequel to a ps2 game(an RPG though) that was also made into an anime),

King of Fighters series(Haven't played, but looks pretty good. Heard online is laggy or something, but idk),

Guilty Gear series(Like Blazblue, but harder and older. There's a ps2 game ported to psn, dead online, everyone's waiting for a patch)

Arcana Heart series(Fun, but it's a loli game if you don't like them and online pretty close to dead)

Chaos Code(Good game, lazily ported to consoles with no online, little story/content)

Aquapazza(Not out yet, I think it's out later this year?)

Marvel vs. Capcom series(half not anime)

+Other Capcom Fighters(Don't feel like listing them all)

Some other games include
Catherine
Hatsune Miku Project Diva
Bleach Soul Resureccion
Gundam Games
Probably some other games
---
Psn: gemininoiser BBCSEX: Carl, Jin, Platinum./ P4A: Yosuke, Naoto, Elizabeth /GGAC+: Ky, Robo-Ky. May /AH3: Angelia /SCV: aPat
#13GemininoiserPosted 9/24/2013 4:47:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14gamestop27Posted 9/24/2013 4:48:15 PM
2 - What are the best anime games for PS3?
Any anime related games... All I know is DragonBall z games and one Bleach game...

Gundam Extreme Vs and its sequel Full Boost.
---
I understand your attempts at humor, I simply do not find them entertaining.~Bladewolf
#15servb0tsPosted 9/24/2013 4:56:53 PM
Jx1010 posted...
1 - What are the best Anime applications for PS3?
Netflix - Good but limited amount of anime
Crunchiroll - Whats ur opinion?
Neon Alley - Downer for me since u cant control when u watch shows, right?

Any anime related games... All I know is DragonBall z games and one Bleach game...

3 - Why are some animes available on Crunchiroll and Netflix in full HD,
but not available for sale on Bluray?
Since I use Netflix and Bluray animes on my PS3

1. Probably Crunchroll, I have Funimation on Cable, I'm mostly on that lol.

2. Naruto UNS3, One Piece, Dynasty Warrior Gundam 3, DBZ Battle of Z.

3. Try 00 Gundam and Gundam Unicorn.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems.
A Strong Fighter is not One who Wins the Fight, But One who can Stands after Defeat.
#16IdTheDestroyerPosted 9/24/2013 5:12:53 PM
I'm a premium Crunchyroll member and I have Netflix. Had a month trial of Neon Alley but it sucked. I say go Crunchyroll. It's awesome and has simulcast. 6.99 a month is a good price for all of the anime you get access to.
And it's just in time for the new anime season that starts early next month.

As for anime games idk. Only ones I really played are the DBZ ones up to Burst Limit, the Naruto UN series going back to PS2 and One Piece PW. If you like those series I'd say try one of these.
---
XBL:IdTheDestroyer8 PSN:IdTheDestroyer
#17Strippin HeatPosted 9/24/2013 5:22:33 PM
1 - What are the best Anime applications for PS3?

Crackle - has a decent selection, mostly subbed, totally free with a few commercials also has live-action movies and shows
Crunchyroll - small monthly fee for a lot of content
Neon Alley - monthly fee, no on demand, dub only

Do you mean games based on anime and manga series, or just games that are "anime style"?

3 - Why are some animes available on Crunchiroll and Netflix in full HD, but not available for sale on Bluray?

There are a few reasons.
1. Licensing for broadcast, digital distribution, and retail media are all different. A company may not want to pay for all the difference licenses so they go for whatever generates the best revenue versus cost. The license could also just be really old and they see no need to release something on BD that may have long ago been on DVD.

2. If it has Japanese audio, they sometimes aren't allowed by the Japanese licensee to distribute it on Bluray due to reverse importing. Blurarys are hella expensive in Japan and have only a few episodes (1-2, sometimes three) per disc. The cost of shipping a BD from the US to Japan isn't nearly as great as the cost of buying the disc locally so some Japanese fans will buy the disc from US sellers and ship it. The Japanese parent company doesn't like losing money so they refuse the American company the rights to release the native audio on disc. And since BDs in US and Japan are the same region, they wouldn't even need a special region-free player.
---
There = location. Their = possession. They're = "they are".
Then = time. Than = comparison.
#18Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 2:19:48 PM
Thank u guys...

Crunchyroll ... is only 6.99 and has tons and tons of anime in full HD, thats great.

Crackle... o yea I forgot about this one, does it show stuff in HD too?