This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think gamers that use the term 'overrated' are just getting tired of gaming

#41king_maddenPosted 9/30/2013 11:37:28 PM
SignusZeriel posted...
king_madden posted...
SignusZeriel posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...
SignusZeriel posted...
ALL games are simultaneously over and under rated.

That makes no sense and is logically impossible.

Actually, it makes all the sense and logically happens at every second of the day.

it doesnt make sense, if you say its both then its neither.

how would it be over and underrated?

Because to one group, the game is overrated. Clearly.

To the other, it is underrated.

At the same time.

SHOCK.

lol so you're basically saying everything in the world is both underrated and overrated because different groups feel different ways?

what about the group that doesnt think its over or underrated???? oh my god, now every game ever made is overrated and underrated, while being neither at the same time.

now theres your shocker!!!!
#42StarGoyPosted 10/1/2013 6:40:15 AM
SignusZeriel posted...
king_madden posted...
SignusZeriel posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...
SignusZeriel posted...
ALL games are simultaneously over and under rated.

That makes no sense and is logically impossible.

Actually, it makes all the sense and logically happens at every second of the day.

it doesnt make sense, if you say its both then its neither.

how would it be over and underrated?

Because to one group, the game is overrated. Clearly.

To the other, it is underrated.

At the same time.

SHOCK.

It makes perfect sense, is true, and I share the exact same opinion.
#43SignusZerielPosted 10/1/2013 6:46:29 AM
king_madden posted...

lol so you're basically saying everything in the world is both underrated and overrated because different groups feel different ways?

what about the group that doesnt think its over or underrated???? oh my god, now every game ever made is overrated and underrated, while being neither at the same time.

Except nobody on this planet says "oh, it's just rated".

So that group isn't counted.
---
GameFak - Power to the trolls, the asses, and the posers.
#44king_maddenPosted 10/1/2013 9:42:56 AM
SignusZeriel posted...
king_madden posted...

Except nobody on this planet says "oh, it's just rated".

So that group isn't counted.

lol well of course that dont say that, people would say "this game is just as good as advertised", or maybe "this game deserves all the praise that it got", heck ive even heard people "this game was everything I expected it to be", all things pretty much saying in a smarter way "oh its just rated" lmao smh.

But you are sitting here telling me, that no one thinks any game gets the right amount of praise? thats just foolish. mainly because people who feel the game are good are the ones that make others say its overrated. so to them the game is just fine.

like when GTAV came out are you sayingall the people who liked it out there felt the 800 million in a day, and over a billion in 3 days, was underrated for the game? no one felt that the game was just as good as advertised?
#45Mad_CauliflowerPosted 10/1/2013 10:09:33 AM
The ones that do nothing except call every big budget game 'overrated', most definitely are.

They're the kind of people that will turn up for the home games of a team that doesn't exist anymore.
---
<-<- Proud Non-Jaded Gamer & Graphics Whore ->->
Z87 Extremem4 | Intel i7 4770 3.4Ghz | 32GB DDR3 PC2133 RipjawsX | GTX 780 3GB | 120GB SSD
#46Red_JesterPosted 10/1/2013 10:14:52 AM
You can still enjoy a game and acknowledge that the near-blind lavishing of praise for the game is over the top. I played Tomb Raider and thought it was above average, but a lot of the reactions would make you think it was GOTY material and Tomb Raider is nowhere near that good.

Also, look at how many games launch and have a cavalcade of praise from reviewers and players going nuts over how amazing it is and then a few months later... Many reviewers finally start to backtrack a bit on their reviews and more players start to openly criticize the many issues they had with the game.

Of course, the number one issue with a game being "overrated" is when a game is overhyped. Hyped reactions at launch always impact reception of the game.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#47king_maddenPosted 10/1/2013 10:44:37 AM
Red_Jester posted...
You can still enjoy a game and acknowledge that the near-blind lavishing of praise for the game is over the top. I played Tomb Raider and thought it was above average, but a lot of the reactions would make you think it was GOTY material and Tomb Raider is nowhere near that good.

Also, look at how many games launch and have a cavalcade of praise from reviewers and players going nuts over how amazing it is and then a few months later... Many reviewers finally start to backtrack a bit on their reviews and more players start to openly criticize the many issues they had with the game.

Of course, the number one issue with a game being "overrated" is when a game is overhyped. Hyped reactions at launch always impact reception of the game.

thats why theres is no such thing as an overrated or underrated game.

just like you said tomb raider was above average for you, but what about the person who really does view it as game of the year? both of your thoughts on the game are just opinions, it wouldnt be right to call either of you wrong, because again theres no such thing as a general consensus on what a good game is.

its all opinion.
#48StarGoyPosted 10/1/2013 2:49:44 PM(edited)
king_madden posted...
thats why theres is no such thing as an overrated or underrated game

If speaking factually, then the above is true. If speaking beneath the broad sense of including a multitude of opinions to form a whole and agreed-upon accepted truth, then the opposite -- what you were discussing against -- is true. That being, every game is over and underrated at the same time.

It's like the perspective of an act being morally right and wrong at the same time; one culture views it as right, the other, miles away, views the same thing as wrong. Therefore, there is no such thing as morally right or wrong on that particular issue, because it's right and wrong at the same time.

Either that, or morality doesn't exist and nor does the possibility of being over or underrated.