This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have 2 questions about drakengard (spoilers)

#11SignusZerielPosted 9/24/2013 10:01:37 PM
digidevilwil posted...
SignusZeriel posted...
Yeah except the same general bleak storyline. The same general feel. The fact it has some mild references and is basically from the same group.

No, nothing in common at all.

Same general feel? How? Drakengard is a stage themed hack and slash, Nier is like an action/adventure game. Bleak story lines? Not exclusive to neither of these games. Same group? Got me there.

I like Drakengard for being to the point and more focused. The whole adventure aspect of Nier put me to sleep.

Cool for you. Except most who liked NieR are thrown back to Drakengard had they even played it. How the progression is handled in the game is irrelevant.
---
GameFak - Power to the trolls, the asses, and the posers.
#12laharl81(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 11:38:11 PM
Bump, wanna know the answer to my first question.
#13Ikilluha1Posted 9/25/2013 12:34:57 AM
digidevilwil posted...
SignusZeriel posted...
Yeah except the same general bleak storyline. The same general feel. The fact it has some mild references and is basically from the same group.

No, nothing in common at all.

Same general feel? How? Drakengard is a stage themed hack and slash, Nier is like an action/adventure game. Bleak story lines? Not exclusive to neither of these games. Same group? Got me there.

I like Drakengard for being to the point and more focused. The whole adventure aspect of Nier put me to sleep.

Nier is hack and slash though, and the areas are smaller than Drakengards.
---
The official Mara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#14laharl81(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 1:04:33 AM
Maybe asking the first question on the drakengard 3 board would be a better idea... don't know why that never crossed my mind.
#15WiiareVenomPosted 9/25/2013 1:18:58 PM
laharl81 posted...
Maybe asking the first question on the drakengard 3 board would be a better idea... don't know why that never crossed my mind.

Probably for the best, but I believe that the answer to that question may lie in what version of the game. I think it was one way in Japanese, and another in English, according to a convo on the Drakengard 3 boards awhile back.
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#16laharl81(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 4:46:35 PM
WiiareVenom posted...
laharl81 posted...

Probably for the best, but I believe that the answer to that question may lie in what version of the game. I think it was one way in Japanese, and another in English, according to a convo on the Drakengard 3 boards awhile back.

Can you send me a link to said convo if it's not too much trouble?
#17FoxtrotDelta88Posted 9/25/2013 5:01:18 PM
digidevilwil posted...
SignusZeriel posted...
mmpepsi posted...
You should play 2 and ignore that Nier recommendation

Are there actually users left on this site that don't ignore YOU?

I love drakengard and could care less about Nier. Nothing in common whatsoever.

While Nier is a different style of game than Drakengard, it DOES however continue off of one of the endings of the first Drakengard, so in a way it's a successor set in the same world
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City
#18laharl81(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 1:02:58 AM
FoxtrotDelta88 posted...
digidevilwil posted...
SignusZeriel posted...
mmpepsi posted...
You should play 2 and ignore that Nier recommendation

Are there actually users left on this site that don't ignore YOU?

I love drakengard and could care less about Nier. Nothing in common whatsoever.

While Nier is a different style of game than Drakengard, it DOES however continue off of one of the endings of the first Drakengard, so in a way it's a successor set in the same world

Should I play Nier after Drakengard 2 or before?