This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's your number one ps3 game for this gen?

#1MelenatorPosted 9/26/2013 8:41:11 AM
I know you can't say what one game is best but what made the biggest impression on you personally?

I would have to say The Last of Us, maybe because it's still fresh in my mind but it's still one of the best games I've played. The ending was a bit abrupt but it didn't take away from the game.
(SPOILERS)

When you have to go in the hospital and save Ellie then run out. I never felt so scared in my life, I was expecting the game to end with me getting shot in the back so the tension of running through it was awesome. I also read a Youtube comment after the ending leaked that said they all died so I was just expecting the worst.
#2true_gamer80Posted 9/26/2013 8:44:54 AM
Not my number one ps3 game, I did love it though is Mirrors Edge, it was the first game fom this gen I played where I went wow....this is next gen lol....such a well realised game with what they were aiming for. A lot of new tech that has been now used in countless other games this gen was also created with and for ME.

Cant wait for the new one using the new frostbite
---
Kool Keith-intergalactic leader of the halfsharkalligator halfman space men
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyS2y4vysIY
#3darkness1018Posted 9/29/2013 11:41:23 PM(edited)
For me its a toss up between Uncharted 2, The Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite & Assassin's Creed 2.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita) 3DS XL FC: 2277-6638-2466
Systems I own: PS2, PS3, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, 3DS XL
#4BigSaltyDookiePosted 9/29/2013 11:41:54 PM
Exclusive - The Last of Us
Multiplatform - Red Dead Redemption
---
-- Now Playing --
Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) - Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3) - Spec Ops: The Line (PS3)
#5ElDudorinoPosted 9/30/2013 6:59:25 AM
My number one PS3 game for THIS gen? I dunno, I think all the best PlayStation3 games were LAST gen.

Dragon's Dogma, yo. It's a broken mess of awesome.
#6boxingtonPosted 9/30/2013 7:01:36 AM
Grand Theft Auto V.

But if it has to be an exclusive, then - The Last of Us.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EHQ7wcR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sEJL0Hl.jpg
#7DevilTears604Posted 9/30/2013 7:04:07 AM
God of War 3.

There's been a lot of great stuff that's come out since 2010, but nothing has matched the thrill I got (and still get) from playing GOW3.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#8Shadow ReaverPosted 9/30/2013 7:20:29 AM
my favorite 3 are

Darksiders 1
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

If i had to pick just one Darksiders. though that could change after CLoS 2 comes out.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
I Pray to no One! Nor will I be prayed to! - Asura
#9GazelMinistryPosted 9/30/2013 7:24:37 AM
ElDudorino posted...
My number one PS3 game for THIS gen? I dunno, I think all the best PlayStation3 games were LAST gen.

This is exactly the way I feel.

But I enjoyed Batman Arkham Asylum/City, Thieves in Time, and War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron.
---
I am a nontheist, a nihilist. And I'm sure god loves me anyway.
#10Retroxgamer0Posted 10/5/2013 2:53:05 AM(edited)
The Last of Us

everyone else is listing either multiplatforms or unoriginal sequels.