This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i cant believe so many ppl say xbox 360 controllers are superior to ps3 control

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 9/28/2013 2:42:00 PM(edited)
that is sooo bs. the xbox 360 controllers have

-floaty analogs that arent centered correctly with deadzones
-terrible dpads. downright terrible. even the remade transforming dpads are horrible
-buttons with tons of relay time. while ps3 controllers have quick reaction buttons with a small depress, the depress of the xbox 360 controllers face buttons are 180ms per press, which is ridiculous. what do they think theyre doing? these controllers are for FPS yet theres terrible relay lag?
-360 pads have squeaking issues. the ps3 pads analog NEVER squeaks because of the construction is superior, infact the construction of the 360 pad is terrible ijn general, the buttons wiggle in the casing. i took one apart, and its incredibly simplistic, whilst the ps3 pad is elaborate, everything screwed into place iincluding the rumblers that are just FLOATING around under the plastic in the 360 pad. lazy microsoft!
-360 pad also has double A batteries what is this 1992? so after you overpay for their terrible simplstic controller, you have to pay more for a battery pack or mod it, then unless you mod it, you have that giant battery pack right where your grip should be. terribly designed controller

the ONLY thing microsoft did right were the shoulder buttons and the trigger, but even then i think the R2 and L2 of the PS3 controller are great for racing games. they just designed it more for shooters over racers with the PS4. and then EVEN THEN theyre ditching the good shoulder buttons and releasing crap ones for the xbox one controllers that are inferior to what they already have..and thats 50% of what they freaking did right in the first place.

i for one cannot believe so many overstate that the 360 controllers superior, when it is not. at all. and i cannot believe the xbox one controller will still use double A batteries, in 2013.

PS3>XBOX forever.

and now that steam is getting its own controller built for it exclusively, i will never need to use that horrible floaty analog stick or that sorry excuse for a dpad ever again.
:)!
#2Zack_Attackv1Posted 9/28/2013 2:41:56 PM
So much obesity.
---
\V/ e n u s i a n Empowerment!
http://i.imgur.com/lLp95sF.jpg http://i.imgur.com/YSLUWsX.jpg
#3Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 2:43:49 PM
obesity? HAH! what a joke! so what, if i keep going to the store to buy double A's ill get exercise walking around walmart, looking for the battery section every 12 hours?
#4BDogg20Posted 9/28/2013 2:48:12 PM
Go stand in front of a mirror and reflect on how you've just spent a portion of your day writing an uber nerd, rage out, ridiculous editorial about a literal controller. Just take 5 minutes to think about it and maybe you'll realize how truly pathetic this is....
---
Mychal Rivera = Destined to take up the mantle of Greatest Latino Tight End from Tony Gonzalez *Rivera Ball so hard 2013*
#5OracleGunnerPosted 9/28/2013 3:00:22 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...

-floaty analogs that arent centered correctly with deadzones
-terrible dpads. downright terrible. even the remade transforming dpads are horrible
-buttons with tons of relay time. while ps3 controllers have quick reaction buttons with a small depress, the depress of the xbox 360 controllers face buttons are 180ms per press, which is ridiculous. what do they think theyre doing? these controllers are for FPS yet theres terrible relay lag?
-360 pads have squeaking issues. the ps3 pads analog NEVER squeaks because of the construction is superior, infact the construction of the 360 pad is terrible ijn general, the buttons wiggle in the casing. i took one apart, and its incredibly simplistic, whilst the ps3 pad is elaborate, everything screwed into place iincluding the rumblers that are just FLOATING around under the plastic in the 360 pad. lazy microsoft!
-360 pad also has double A batteries what is this 1992? so after you overpay for their terrible simplstic controller, you have to pay more for a battery pack or mod it, then unless you mod it, you have that giant battery pack right where your grip should be. terribly designed controller

- Lol no. They aren't floaty.
- Kinda agree on this one but I found it to be just as responsive as any other. But since apparently you lack the strength to push a button I suppose it falls to deaf ears.
- Mine have never squeaked, then again I take care of my stuff.
- Chargeable batteries. Literally like 5 bucks last I checked. Play all day and while you aren't playing just plug them in and boom. Or use 10 bucks and get 2 pairs while one charges play with the other. Also lol, you must have problem grasping things then if a battery pack that is quite far from your fingers bothers you.

So all your problems are fixed by: Doing exercise, taking care of your stuff and spending chump change on batteries.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#6king_maddenPosted 9/28/2013 3:03:15 PM
BDogg20 posted...
Go stand in front of a mirror and reflect on how you've just spent a portion of your day writing an uber nerd, rage out, ridiculous editorial about a literal controller. Just take 5 minutes to think about it and maybe you'll realize how truly pathetic this is....

Mychal Rivera is destined to be that #2 TE. Like a poor man's Ben Watson. Will get you a few catches and a couple yards but that's about it.
#7wayshinPosted 9/28/2013 3:22:56 PM
I think both controllers are fine, but I prefer the PS3 controller. Probably because I don't play FPS games so I don't give a flying f*** about the triggers. I still think the offset analog sticks on the Xbox controllers were a weird decision.

The PS4 controller looks really nice so far, despite the stupid Share button replacing the Select button. I hope there will be a firmware update to make the PS4 controller compatible with the PS3.
#8Garquille14Posted 9/28/2013 3:26:27 PM
is there any actual evidence for that 180ms or was it pulled from your butt
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
#9BDogg20Posted 9/28/2013 3:28:09 PM
king_madden posted...
BDogg20 posted...

Mychal Rivera is destined to be that #2 TE. Like a poor man's Ben Watson. Will get you a few catches and a couple yards but that's about it.

It's ok, you'll be a believer soon
---
Mychal Rivera = Destined to take up the mantle of Greatest Latino Tight End from Tony Gonzalez *Rivera Ball so hard 2013*
#10Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 3:28:57 PM
wayshin posted...
I think both controllers are fine, but I prefer the PS3 controller. Probably because I don't play FPS games so I don't give a flying f*** about the triggers. I still think the offset analog sticks on the Xbox controllers were a weird decision.

The PS4 controller looks really nice so far, despite the stupid Share button replacing the Select button. I hope there will be a firmware update to make the PS4 controller compatible with the PS3.

select buttons arent used anymore. they kind of never were, other than codes. select buttons are pointless nowadays. they need relevant buttons only, like home, pause, and even share works in the world we live in now.