This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ps3 made weird noises after taking it to a friends...

#1okamhunitePosted 10/1/2013 12:09:27 PM
My copy of The Last of Us now has a minor ring going around the outer edge and freezes when trying to go into Bills 2nd safe house. It doesn't seem to be making any noise any more other than the occasional huff when putting in a disc but what I want to know is why?

I had a similar problem with a copy of Dead Space 2 a while back here it had a minor ring scratch and it wouldn't play but what I want to know is what caused my PS3 to do this in the first place and is it okay?
---
3DS FC: 1349-4659-2669 "Playing AC New Leaf"
3DS Name: Jun C.
#2okamhunite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 12:10:38 PM
okamhunite posted...
My copy of The Last of Us now has a minor ring going around the outer edge and freezes when trying to go into Bills 2nd safe house. It doesn't seem to be making any noise any more other than the occasional huff when putting in a disc but what I want to know is why?

I had a similar problem with a copy of Dead Space 2 a while back here it had a minor ring scratch and it wouldn't play but what I want to know is what caused my PS3 to do this in the first place and is it okay?

I tested it with my copy of Tales of Graces, MGS4 and Res Dead Redemption an everything seems okay but I am still very worried.
---
#3true_gamer80Posted 10/1/2013 12:11:03 PM
did you leave the game in while taking your ps3 to your friends house? That ring doesn't sound so good.
---
Kool Keith-intergalactic leader of the halfsharkalligator halfman space men
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyS2y4vysIY
#4okamhunite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 12:12:33 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
did you leave the game in while taking your ps3 to your friends house? That ring doesn't sound so good.

I don't remember actually, I don't think so but I may have... Could that be part of the cause?
---
#5true_gamer80Posted 10/1/2013 12:13:48 PM
okamhunite posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

I don't remember actually, I don't think so but I may have... Could that be part of the cause?

Always always always take your game out when travelling with your ps3, this can cause a lot of problems. Im pretty sure it says not to in the manual aswell.
---
Kool Keith-intergalactic leader of the halfsharkalligator halfman space men
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyS2y4vysIY
#6okamhunite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 12:16:28 PM
true_gamer80 posted...
okamhunite posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

Always always always take your game out when travelling with your ps3, this can cause a lot of problems. Im pretty sure it says not to in the manual aswell.

This wouldn't cause any sort of permanent damage right?
---
#7okamhunite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 12:22:34 PM
okamhunite posted...
true_gamer80 posted...
okamhunite posted...
true_gamer80 posted...

This wouldn't cause any sort of permanent damage right?

...Right?
---
#8okamhunite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 12:36:21 PM
Hello?
---