This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Game has a minor ring scratch around outer edge and won't play, game or system?

#1okamhunitePosted 10/1/2013 8:08:53 PM
So I had the same thing happen to a copy of Dead Space 2 awhile back and when I bought it, it had a minor ring scratch around the outer edge and when I got to one point in the story it just would not at all load. I bought a new copy of the game and it ended up working fine with the new copy. Just recently my PS3 put a small ring scratch around the outer edge of my copy of The Last of Us, it will play up until a point and then will not load at all, now I would be less concerned if it wasn't for the fact that my PS3 is what did it.

I was checking the AV cables while it was on and I picked it up, someone told me they moved theirs when it was on and it made weird noises but then it stopped and that moving your PS3 with a game inside was bad. I had also brought it to a friends house that day and there may have been a game inside it, I don't remember. The game won't load when it reaches a certain cut scene just like in Dead Space 2, I am wondering if re buying the game without any scratches will help? It was making a strange noise for a little while but seems to have stopped, I have tested a few other games and they seem to run fine, I have a regular PS3 Slim. Should I replace the game or should I be more worried...?
---
3DS FC: 1349-4659-2669 "Playing AC New Leaf"
3DS Name: Jun C.
#2docman864Posted 10/1/2013 8:14:38 PM
didn't you already create a topic addressing this issue, but it was your Last of Us copy and now Dead Space?
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#3POOKISTANPosted 10/1/2013 8:15:45 PM
Ring scratch, if it's a perfect circle, often indicates the lazer bumped into the CD while it was running. Hopefully it doesn't happen again but who knows...
#4Dash_Dash88Posted 10/1/2013 10:24:27 PM
docman864 posted...
didn't you already create a topic addressing this issue, but it was your Last of Us copy and now Dead Space?

This is the 3rd topic i have seen from this guy.
---
If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention.
Psn I.D Dasha_UK Xbl GT Dasha UK