This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Developers aren't ruining gaming franchises, fanboys are...

#1harcoreblazerPosted 10/2/2013 5:45:34 AM
Devil May Cry for example, we had 4 games, only two of those (1 and 3) were really liked by the fanbase, we get a reboot, and what do fanboys complain about?

"Waaaaaah, they changed his hair!"

Metroid, to be honest Other M is awfully underrated, they wanted to make Samus more human, and what do we get from the fanboys?

"Booooo, Samus talks".

But then Tomb Raider gets a reboot where the protagonist too goes from a killing machine to a more human personality.

"Best reboot evar".

Of course this doesn't apply to series that are really getting messed up (Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, The Simpsons, Call of Duty).

In case you can't see it, fanboys complain when developers make big changes in a franchise, but when they don't, they complain it's getting stale.

I'm glad A Link Between Worlds is adding some freedom and variety (You can choose the order you complete the dungeons, and there's a shop where you can buy the items in the order you want, no microtransactions).
---
PSN/Steam = retrohunter95.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS4HQWWuqP8&feature=youtu.be
#2AlltraPosted 10/2/2013 6:11:21 AM
The people complaining about it getting "Stale" and the people that complain when they make such large, sweeping changes, may or may not be the same people.

Which is something a lot of people seem to forget / overlook.

I have a hard time believing a fan would considering something "Stale". If they like it, they like it. If they're anything like me, you can't ever get enough of what you like. Stuff can get oversaturated, but that's not an issue with the game, that's a marketing issue, a publishing issue. If these games don't sell because they're oversaturated, that's the fault of the developers/publishers not diversifying their lineup, not because the game is bad or that fans don't like it anymore.

But beyond that, nothing is perfect. There's always room for improvement. The trick isn't to remove good things that were implemented poorly, it's to find ways to make them better. What you don't want to do is "Reinvent the Wheel", and change everything that people loved about the game.

But above all else, these guys don't really give a {Bleep} about "Fans". "Fans" are a minority, they already bought the game, gave them money already. They already have the "Fan's" money. Now they want everyone else's, and they don't care if the "Fans" buy it because they want the larger slice. So they have no problem changing everything about the game to appeal to what's most popular at the time. Hence why Final Fantasy has turned into Uncharted this generation.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#3BehaviorismPosted 10/2/2013 6:12:35 AM
DMC was the only devil may cry that i liked
---
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/222/8/9/Urahara_Kisuke_sig_by_Prank0.jpg
#4AlltraPosted 10/2/2013 6:18:10 AM
...and I rest my case...

Non-Fan sale acquired. Goal Accomplished.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#5docman864Posted 10/2/2013 6:19:59 AM
I actually liked the Tomb Raider reboot more than I did with the past games.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#6king_maddenPosted 10/2/2013 6:38:26 AM
I agree with you TC.

I find it weird though back when gamers had less of a voice in games and their input it's often viewed as the golden age of gaming, but now that companies are trying to listen more and change things up or try New things it's now viewed as not that great of an age.

And before anyone says no companies listen, they listen to your wallets, and to what some often complain about. People complain something is getting stale so they change it and others complain they changed it. No matter what devs do a number of people will be missed.
#7ukokira1Posted 10/2/2013 6:46:50 AM(edited)
If you think the hair in DmC is the only problem. You're sorely mistaken. And it's now an "alternate universe" instead of a reboot.

And lol at Samus freaking out over Ridley when she defeated him over 5 times before.

Tomb Raider is around the fourth Tomb Raider Reboot.

And no one was complaining about the Metroid and DMC franchise being stale.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#8OracleGunnerPosted 10/2/2013 6:46:08 AM
Wow so much is wrong with OP.

Let's begin by the most obvious one. The reason why DmC is hated is because they took out all the depth, all the atmosphere, the fun, the challenge and turned it into generic spin off #200 featuring gritty#edgy protagonist that is rebelling against da man and fighting da powah, with no difficulty and all the padding.

Other M is more to that she was far too fragile and submissive for that time.

With Tomb Raider never have been a big follower or fan but the reboot is nice although it could use a bit more tomb raiding...

Also inb4greer&friendsorDmCdefenseforce.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#9A_Nonny_MoosePosted 10/2/2013 6:52:47 AM
No, I'm pretty sure it's the developers.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#10Rainy_David1Posted 10/2/2013 6:55:10 AM
OracleGunner posted...
Wow so much is wrong with OP.

Let's begin by the most obvious one. The reason why DmC is hated is because they took out all the depth, all the atmosphere, the fun, the challenge and turned it into generic spin off #200 featuring gritty#edgy protagonist that is rebelling against da man and fighting da powah, with no difficulty and all the padding.

Other M is more to that she was far too fragile and submissive for that time.

With Tomb Raider never have been a big follower or fan but the reboot is nice although it could use a bit more tomb raiding...

Also inb4greer&friendsorDmCdefenseforce.

DmC was hated before any gameplay was even shown.