This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Developers aren't ruining gaming franchises, fanboys are...

#131Jon_GodPosted 10/2/2013 3:08:37 PM
Somehow I doubt that developers listen to the vocal minority when designing games.

I think they do make loads of mistakes. People wouldn't complain if they didn't do something wrong.

DMC, during the development, they made fun of fans, and pretty much said, "deal with it". Doesn't sound like the fans were in the bad here.

The Other M I don't know too much about, but from what I can tell, they turned Samus from a killing machine into incompetent "oh I broke a nail" kinda girl, which is understandably aggravating for people that have enjoyed the series for 20 years.

However, reviewers probably hold a lot more weight than the vocal minority online.
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#132DevilTears604Posted 10/2/2013 3:15:09 PM
Gamenamebully posted...
How did I know this was going to turn into a damn DmC argument?

This makes me wondering... Am I the only one who likes BOTH the original Devil May Crys and the reboot evenly? Because if so then there's something wrong here.

No you're not. As my username will tell you, I've been a huge fan of the series for a long time. DMC 4 kind of lost me with the story, character development, and game design. So that's why I welcomed the reboot.

They're all good games (you could go one way or the other with 2).
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#133LightbornePosted 10/4/2013 10:24:49 PM
Jon_God posted...
Somehow I doubt that developers listen to the vocal minority when designing games.

I think they do make loads of mistakes. People wouldn't complain if they didn't do something wrong.

DMC, during the development, they made fun of fans, and pretty much said, "deal with it". Doesn't sound like the fans were in the bad here.

The Other M I don't know too much about, but from what I can tell, they turned Samus from a killing machine into incompetent "oh I broke a nail" kinda girl, which is understandably aggravating for people that have enjoyed the series for 20 years.

However, reviewers probably hold a lot more weight than the vocal minority online.

I can promise you that is far from the reasons why fans where dissapointed in other m.