This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone who dislikes GTA5 or bashes it-- let's see you make a game...

#1hotgirlsarehotPosted 10/5/2013 1:25:38 AM
...period. Whether it's a 2D SNES-like game, or a more advanced game like Crysis--unless you can make a good game or a game better than GTA 5, please shutty.
#2howdyneighbor25Posted 10/5/2013 1:27:17 AM
yup same goes for ppl who were hatin on tjhe seervers. online is free nd they expect it to be the same as games like Cod in terms of working rgiht. but they still throw bricks in glass houses sadly
#3XWolfOPosted 10/5/2013 1:30:52 AM
So, TC. How many games have you made?
---
Woof...
#4hotgirlsarehot(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 1:30:55 AM
It's easy for one to bash something, cause it's easy. The technicality of GTA5 as a whole, online or not is basically next-gen, and is more advanced/awesome than anything and everything else in this current generation.

It is what Mario 64 was to the generation where PSX and N64 were facing off. It was a technical marvel and a revolutionary game.

GTA 5 showed you can basically incorporate many gameplay elements of stand alone titles, AND do it with more grace and excellence.
#5crazyj10Posted 10/5/2013 1:34:05 AM
These are professionals, people hired and payed for their skills in the field they specialize in. People who are expected to do the job others give them money for well. Just because I can't nor have made any claim to do their job just as good or better than them does not mean I can't call them out on a bad job (ESPECIALLY when the job pertains to entertainment media.).
---
"Don't worry. I'm here. Someone told me I'm the only one who can save the world."
-Purple Heart
#6hotgirlsarehot(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 1:36:07 AM
I made no games in my life, but I love GTA5. IF, I disliked it, I wouldn't bash it since I can't make a game, let alone a game equal or better.

So for anyone who wants to bash GTA 5, do so ONLY if you can make a better game.
#7wolf riderPosted 10/5/2013 1:37:31 AM
I wish there was a term for this fallacy.

That's it. I'm calling it wolf rider's law
---
You don't get to say you're staying true to the franchise if you MAKE JUMPING A CONTEXT-SENSITIVE ACTION! ~ Me on the Thief reboot.
#8CyborgTwentyPosted 10/5/2013 3:00:40 AM
These people think it's coll to be a hipster and hate on the best video game of all time.
#9ShuraYukihimePosted 10/5/2013 3:02:32 AM
hotgirlsarehot posted...
...period. Whether it's a 2D SNES-like game, or a more advanced game like Crysis--unless you can make a good game or a game better than GTA 5, please shutty.

Not how criticism works sir. I am allowed to dislike something whether or not I could "do better".
---
I'm searching the city for sci fi wasabi.
#10King_BurnoutPosted 10/5/2013 3:13:14 AM
so wait...

by TC's logic....

if the TC went to the hairdresser/ barber, and said hair care professional did a less than stellar job, then the TC wouldn't be able to complain, since the TC is not a hairdresser/barber, and doesn't have their level of expertise.

that's fail logic.
even though i'm not a hairdresser, i can see if the hairline's messed up , or a cut went too high in 1 place. same goes for video games. i may not have the skill to surpass a professional at game developement, but i dang sure can tell when somethings messed up.

and since this IS a videogame discussion board, IF i saw something I thought was wrong, Of course I would come HERE to discuss the perceived issue with the oher gamers here.

I haven't played GTA 5, and haven't said 1 bad thing about it either. but the people who have, DO have the right to come here and discuss their issues. that is what this board is for. if you don't like it, you can, as you so elegantly put it, " shutty"