This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a question for the people who call everything "interactive movies"

#361Weltall548Posted 10/17/2013 11:40:57 AM
theshoveller posted...
Weltall548 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Weltall548 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Please tell me you guys are just ****ing with Glice and not taking his "opinions" seriously.

We all know he doesn't play games when he talks **** about them, he either rushes straight through on the easiest difficulty forgetting there's a story or anything else to do, or he plays part of a demo at best, then claims that he knows more than people who have 100% completed the games.

I don't think anyone takes him seriously except his minions.

Considering how many people are in here responding to everything he posts, I'm not so sure.

He's nothing but a joke to me.

I like smacking him with my 2x4 of Knowledge, before following up with the Crosscut Saw of Enlightenment. One of these days, his Hardhat of Hard Heads will crack under the pressure, and glorious light will pour into his eyes and out his ears.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but just wanted a reason to use 2x4 of Knowledge, and me smacking Greer with it. It paints a funny visual picture in my head. If you didn't laugh when reading it, try reading it like the Tick. Cartoon Tick, not that live-action tick played by Brock ******' Samson.

lol
---
Batman: Arkham City is the best game of all time.
#362ssjgohhkuPosted 10/18/2013 12:58:28 PM
Weltall548 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Weltall548 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Please tell me you guys are just ****ing with Glice and not taking his "opinions" seriously.

We all know he doesn't play games when he talks **** about them, he either rushes straight through on the easiest difficulty forgetting there's a story or anything else to do, or he plays part of a demo at best, then claims that he knows more than people who have 100% completed the games.

Considering how many people are in here responding to everything he posts, I'm not so sure.

People who love interactive movies are only a slightly smaller joke.
#363ShindoSlashPosted 10/18/2013 1:21:15 PM
Interactive movie makes no sense if people are using it for games like The Last of Us.

Doesn't interactive movie imply interaction? How can something be interactive if the game essentially plays itself?

A button appearing on screen and telling you to press it and once you do, you see a fancy sequence of explositions and door smashing...but I really wouldn't call that interactive. An illusion of interactivity possibly.

And I always though NPCs were dumb in most games. They are just there as a crutch for bad players, they do everything for you and you don't ever have to worry about them (they take no damage from enemies).
---
PSN: ShindoSlash
#364Weltall548Posted 10/18/2013 2:43:17 PM
Interactive movie makes no sense if people are using it for games like The Last of Us.

Doesn't interactive movie imply interaction? How can something be interactive if the game essentially plays itself?

You're forgetting about the combat.
---
Batman: Arkham City is the best game of all time.
#365flame030191Posted 10/18/2013 2:47:11 PM
ssjgohhku posted...
Weltall548 posted...
flame030191 posted...
Weltall548 posted...
flame030191 posted...

People who love interactive movies are only a slightly smaller joke.

So you don't like gaming, then.

Cool, now why did you make a GameFAQs account if you don't like games?

Essentially every video game is an interactive movie. They are nothing more than simple visual feedback as you interact with the device.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame Wii U: That_Guy_Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#366SandOnMyBootPosted 10/18/2013 2:56:41 PM
Where was all the rage towards 'Point and Click' adventure games being 'interactive movies' and thus 'not games' back in the day? Or how about the extreme linearity of the Ace Attorney series?

And how does having adding timing puzzles (QTEs) to similar styles of gameplay make it less of a game?
---
Glad Superman 64 was the third best-selling Nintendo 64 title upon release and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
#367flame030191Posted 10/18/2013 2:59:22 PM
SandOnMyBoot posted...
Where was all the rage towards 'Point and Click' adventure games being 'interactive movies' and thus 'not games' back in the day? Or how about the extreme linearity of the Ace Attorney series?

And how does having adding timing puzzles (QTEs) to similar styles of gameplay make it less of a game?

Walking Dead was the least interactive game to recently come out that I'm aware of, and it received the 2012 GOTY awards.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame Wii U: That_Guy_Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#368ssjgohhkuPosted 10/19/2013 5:41:58 AM
flame030191 posted...

Essentially every video game is an interactive movie. They are nothing more than simple visual feedback as you interact with the device.

I love real video games like Gears Judgement and GTA5 but i hate interactive movies like Uncharted, TLOU, Infamous, Ratchet&Clank, Heavy Rain, MGS4, Killzone, Gran Turismo, Yakuza, Demon Souls and God Of War
#369GamenamebullyPosted 10/19/2013 6:01:47 AM
ssjgohhku posted...
flame030191 posted...

I love real video games like Gears Judgement and GTA5 but i hate interactive movies like Uncharted, TLOU, Infamous, Ratchet&Clank, Heavy Rain, MGS4, Killzone, Gran Turismo, Yakuza, Demon Souls and God Of War

Okay those AREN'T interactive movies. The closest things to a so called "Interactive Movie" out of all the games you listed is Heavy Rain.

Ratchet & Clank, Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo, Yakuza, Killzone, and Infamous ARE NOT the so called Interactive Movie like you claim.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#370ssjgohhkuPosted 10/20/2013 2:20:56 AM
Gamenamebully posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
flame030191 posted...

Okay those AREN'T interactive movies. The closest things to a so called "Interactive Movie" out of all the games you listed is Heavy Rain.

Ratchet & Clank, Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo, Yakuza, Killzone, and Infamous ARE NOT the so called Interactive Movie like you claim.

This denial is hilarious.