This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GotY talk will be starting up here pretty soon, some thoughts...

#1Justice98405Posted 10/10/2013 5:20:02 AM
Handhelds seem to always get snubbed by the websites and places when it comes to Game of the Year time.

And I get it, generally speaking, the handhelds just don't get games that are as good as, or on the same level as the big, awesome, console games. But this year that is NOT the case.

The 3DS has had a STELLAR year for games, damn near every month this year has at least one big/cool/good release, if not more than one. And with games like Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Etrian Odyssey IV, very likely Pokemon X/Y, likely Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and some others, the handheld CANNOT be denied this year.

And I'll say this, with something as stellar as The Last of Us, I don't personally see a 3DS game winning game of the year, though I think Fire Emblem: Awakening is EASILY in the conversation, I BETTER see some 3DS games on some of these Game of the Year lists, at least in the nominations.

Who else is with me on this?

Also, allow me to say that I DON'T think that either Bioshock Infinite or GTA V should win an GotY awards. Yea, I said it. That is my PERSONAL opinion.

Bio Infinite was REALLY strong in the beginning/first third of the game, but dropped off a lot after that for me. And GTA V has some GREAT additions to the series, the heists are cool, and the online has a ton of potential, but it's just not GotY, not with something like The Last of Us, or Fire Emblem: Awakening out this year.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#2peter_888Posted 10/10/2013 5:32:47 AM
yeah, I did had a lot of fun with the 3ds library today, most notably fire emblem awakening.(even if I do have a major issue with how bland the map design is in that game, especially coming from fire emblem radiant dawn)
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#3Justice98405(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 8:25:21 AM
Bump.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405