This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What bothers you more: games that are too easy, or too hard?

#1You_Need_A_LifePosted 10/11/2013 10:01:51 AM
As a gamer, what bothers you more? - Results (1016 votes)
Games that are too easy
55.61% (565 votes)
Games that are too hard
44.39% (451 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just curious. On one hand, an easy game is a game you can finish, but you might not get any satisfaction from it, or you might actually never finish it due to boredom.

On the other hand, if a game's too hard, you might not enjoy playing it, you might never finish it, but there's always that sense of accomplishment when you do succeed.

The question was asked of me, and I thought it was a rather interesting question. Personally, I prefer a game that's too hard over too easy, simply because I'm willing to learn and get better, or adapt. But then there's question of whether the game is genuinely hard in a fair, skill-based way, or if it's just stupid or cheap. But then, there are games that I thought were way too easy but I ended up loving them, like Okami, or Mini Ninjas, so it just intrigues me what others' views are.

I won't vote in my own thread, but I'm interested to see everyone's opinions.
#2mk_spiritPosted 10/11/2013 10:05:34 AM
Both bother me, depending on the game, but they don't always bother me. Games like Skyrim, I don't mind being easy because I really just want to explore, I'm not in it for the combat. Games like the Souls series I don't mind as much, because it's all part of the gameplay, and I don't think I'd have as much fun if it was easier.
---
PSN ID: TheBlackFool
#3ReploidAXZPosted 10/11/2013 10:07:43 AM
Games that are too easy are awful, it's like playing Hitman on the easiest difficulty, you just don't do it.

Games that are too hard are WELL worth the money you pay for them, I still play Ninja Gaiden Black, i'll never complete all the missions, but it's so dahm hard I love it haha.
---
R.I.P RARE.
#4DarkAdonis123Posted 10/11/2013 10:25:07 AM
I'd have to say too hard.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#5james_hellerPosted 10/11/2013 10:34:47 AM
I actually like when games are extremely cheap and frustrating. Adds to the reward factor in beating IMO.

Though, TBH, I've never been frustrated at ANY game. I just keep trying, until I can get further in.
---
Xbox Live GT: Relentless x757
#6ac2playerPosted 10/11/2013 10:50:14 AM
I voted too hard. AC games are pretty easy but still are my favorite games. I love a challenge, but a lot of games try to be hard for the sake of being hard (I'm looking at you Dark Souls). There is no added value of being cursed and dying a hundred times because you have half health. I feel like FS puts too much emphasis on trying to be super difficult and it takes the fun out of it.
---
PSN: coldkill77
"Yeah, you keep tellin yourself that bulls***." -Joel, TLoU
#7arczero_xPosted 10/11/2013 11:25:14 AM
I'm all mostly for the experience.

From what I remember, both Okami and Puppeteer are very easy games but I can say that these two are some of the best games I played because of the experience I had when playing them.
---
http://backloggery.com/arczero
Whatever that is on your mind is my signature.
#8Pyth_the_BullPosted 10/11/2013 11:34:55 AM
It entirely depends on what kind of "hard" it is. But I'd have to say easy games are far worse. They don't get you interested and you just end up zoning out halfway through, at least for me.

And I'm alright with difficulty, as long as it isn't cheap. This also isn't really an example of difficulty, but in games like Dead Rising, I can't stand the time limit. I hate that mechanic in games as I like to be meticulous and take my time, making sure I explored everything before moving on. It feels like a cheap way to make an easy game have challenge.

The Souls games have it right I think.
---
"Their hopes dashed on our shields! Their victory slashed by our swords!"
#9Still__RippinPosted 10/11/2013 11:36:02 AM
How is too hard winning -_- this is a sad day.
---
Normal is an illusion. Normal For The Spider Is Chaos For The Fly--Charles Addams.
PSN- Rip_Dat_Bong. Feel free to add or stalk me.
#10DarkNight11Posted 10/11/2013 11:36:22 AM
I'm far more likely to be bored than frustrated, so I voted 'too easy.'
---
Anyone questioning SpongeBob's sexuality has something to hide themselves.