This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rapper Demands That All Unsold Copies Of GTA V Be Recalled And Destroyed

#41jammiesPosted 10/12/2013 4:36:23 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
jammies posted...
Is there an option to have your character just turn the radio off automatically when he gets in the car? If there is, I haven't found it. If there isn't, there should be.

Well helicopters and boats have the radio off by default, and special vehicles (Franklin's Buffalo etc.) are set to default radio stations... nope :(

Oh well, I think it's time to go sit down and play this game for 2 or 3 hours.

---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#42CyborgTwentyPosted 10/16/2013 7:41:19 AM
Gamefaqs User Demands That All Unsold Copies Of This Rapper Be Recalled And Destroyed
#43XyexPosted 10/16/2013 9:03:26 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
Jahkeemyork posted...
On another note Rockstar also could have paid off the record label, and not the guy. In which case he's going to have to go to the Record Label and settle things with them, but if I was in his shoes first thing I would do is go after Rockstar. The last thing I would want is the Record Label I work with to go behind my back like that.

Well, anyone wants to re-watch the full credits at the end of the game? I bet R* wrote something like COURTESY OF WHATEVER RECORDS.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaV_PjFkxhA&feature=player_detailpage#t=2182

Even if they have it in the credits, doesn't mean they actually got the permission. If, somewhere along the way, someone screwed up and stamped "APPROVED" on the song details, and that's why it got in without approval, then everything else will be processed like normal, including credits.
---
DESTROY IT ALL
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ck_rjyRNIY
#44true_gamer80Posted 10/16/2013 9:13:21 AM
GamerRaf posted...
Just another cash grab by a broke rapper.

Daz is a huge name in the rap world....HUGE...far from broke
---
Kool Keith-intergalactic leader of the halfsharkalligator halfman space men
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyS2y4vysIY
#45flame030191Posted 10/16/2013 9:28:02 AM
I doubt the guy will get his wish, but anyone who claims he doesn't have a lawsuit that'll win him something is lying to themselves. Copyright infringement is a pretty big deal.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame Wii U: That_Guy_Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#46KCJ5062Posted 10/16/2013 9:33:05 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
GamerRaf posted...

I agree with you, but I doubt that's gonna mean anything to a non rap fan. The only rappers they'd actually be familar is the mainstream ones.
#47Video_Game_CzarPosted 10/16/2013 9:38:33 AM
Who the hell is Daz Dillinger? Also, I would like to do a cease and desist, Because that soundtrack was AWFUL!
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l lil Bub Supporter
#48Godly_GoofPosted 10/16/2013 9:46:03 AM
CronoDyne posted...
For those attacking the guy, don't even think of shedding a tear or getting enraged when someone steals your work and doesn't give you any form of compensation for it.

Anyone with common sense knows Rockstar is in the wrong here.

K, noted since its already happened with a couple of my research articles and I don't give a s***. So this rapper can cram it.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#49flame030191Posted 10/16/2013 10:58:45 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
CronoDyne posted...
For those attacking the guy, don't even think of shedding a tear or getting enraged when someone steals your work and doesn't give you any form of compensation for it.

Anyone with common sense knows Rockstar is in the wrong here.

K, noted since its already happened with a couple of my research articles and I don't give a s***. So this rapper can cram it.

Did you copyright your articles? No? Then it's definitely not the same.

He went through the time and effort to ensure that he and only he could take credit for his work, and as such, if anyone wanted to use it, they'd have to get his permission. Since he deliberately told them no and they still used his work anyways, he does have a case and a good reason to get upset.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame Wii U: That_Guy_Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#50BaneDragonPosted 10/16/2013 11:13:14 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
GamerRaf posted...

Nope. Whens the last time you heard about Daz or bought his music, besides this topic? 97?
---
You might call us yanks, but just remember, if it wasnt for us, you might be living in Germany right now...or not living at all.