This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For the people who liked / loved Heavy Rain how is Beyond?

#1velvet_hammerPosted 10/12/2013 12:23:52 PM
I loved every second of HR beat it 2 times.. How does Beyond stack up?
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#2twa556Posted 10/12/2013 1:48:03 PM
If you like HR you'll like this.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnU6oTlInbs&list
Macarena!
#3gmoshierPosted 10/12/2013 1:58:02 PM
Beyond: Two Souls is pretty good but it has some freezing problems.
---
A lot of good games are coming out! I do not accept random FR requests.
http://psntl.com/user/view/gmoshier
#4docman864Posted 10/12/2013 2:22:27 PM
gmoshier posted...
Beyond: Two Souls is pretty good but it has some freezing problems.

not sure about this. I encountered one only at Navajo chapter but it was just brief.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#5Dark_EpathyPosted 10/12/2013 2:24:21 PM
I'm really liking it so far. There's been one kind of silly part, but Cage does a decent job at tying it back into the world. So far the writing has seemed pretty strong--not hugely remarkable or stunning, but I don't see any glaring problems with it.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#6Bloodlines1191Posted 10/12/2013 3:02:02 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
I'm really liking it so far. There's been one kind of silly part, but Cage does a decent job at tying it back into the world. So far the writing has seemed pretty strong--not hugely remarkable or stunning, but I don't see any glaring problems with it.

Sucks so many people hate it. Not even average would be the world to describe their opinions.

I want to believe it isn't a bad game but... it might be the Killer is Dead of Quantic Dream.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#7docman864Posted 10/12/2013 3:03:51 PM
Bloodlines1191 posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...

Sucks so many people hate it. Not even average would be the world to describe their opinions.

I want to believe it isn't a bad game but... it might be the Killer is Dead of Quantic Dream.

huge Suda51 and Killer is Dead was ok, but not necessarily a bad game.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#8181stCommanderPosted 10/12/2013 3:08:06 PM
Better than HR and my Goty.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#9Dark_EpathyPosted 10/12/2013 3:55:05 PM

Hey, I'll be the first to admit Quantic Dream's games are far from perfect. The writing is usually spotty, and sometimes it just goes plain bat****. That said, I don't think you should listen to the naysayers. So many people are assuming Beyond is awful without even really giving it a chance. Oh, it's got Ellen Page in it; oh, it's got QTEs; oh, it's about a spirit. So what? Page's performance is great; the QTEs do actually work; and the spirit stuff is surprisingly creative and interesting.

Ultimately, the game may not get the praise it deserves (or it might just get the opposite--I haven't finished it yet) as a result of the work that came before it, but I think the important thing is that the people who do play it and really give it a shot will appreciate it. David Cage, as pretentious and maybe pompous as he is, does have something here that I'd hate to see die out. The guy's stubborn, though--he and his studio will continue doing what they've been doing, count on it.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#10CronoGuyverPosted 10/12/2013 4:31:16 PM
It has much weaker storyline, less twists... overall Heavy Rain is a better choice, the Beyond Two souls has better is the graphics and Willem Dafoe.
---
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.