This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Loved FFT and Tactics Ogre....still can't get into Disgaea

#1LtMessiahDM504Posted 10/12/2013 6:00:36 PM
Basically I loved everything about those two, but I can't find any redeeming qualities about the Disgaea franchise. I guess it's just one of those games series where I just don't get it.

Anyone share the same outlook on Disgaea or another game series that you just don't "get"?
#2nouseravailablePosted 10/12/2013 6:09:34 PM
Disgaea is completely different from fft and tactics ogre. You will probably "get" Crimson Shroud and Bravely Default. Many key people in tactics ogre and fft (both games have a lot in common since atlus acquired quest) are in both games. Their design and plot choices are quite unique. Another game you might like is Radiant Historia, it reminds me of those two games for some reason...
Huh Disgaea is a subversion of the tactics genre. Its quite unique, inventive and its a either love or hate thing... definetly not for me as well.
---
NP: SMTIV and Bioshock Infinite
PS: Xillia is awesome
#3singhellotakuPosted 10/13/2013 12:17:12 AM
As somebody who loves tactics games, I find Tactics Ogre and fft incredibly boring, so it goes both ways.
#4qwertyMrJINXPosted 10/13/2013 12:23:17 AM
I love FFT and Disgaea, and can't get into Tactics Ogre.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#5LamesyPosted 10/13/2013 6:14:23 AM
Disgaea has too much s*** going on, and the gimmicks start to feel hollow. I prefer a more curated and edited experience.
#6JinKisaragi211Posted 10/13/2013 7:39:20 AM
I enjoy all three actually, but I like Tactics Ogre the best. Looking forward to eventually playing Disgaea 3.
---
They call me Hadouken. 'Cuz I'm Down, Right, Fierce!