This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Most casualized game

#41GamersTavernPosted 10/17/2013 12:14:36 PM
Nothing is as hardcore as Pong.
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#42residentbowersPosted 10/17/2013 12:21:24 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
residentbowers posted...
This gen elder scrolls. RE is the most dumbed down out of the group, but that started with 4 when they abandoned their original fan base for whatever they have now.

Except for the fact that RE4 saved the franchise from going under like it would've done if they kept going on with the old tired formula. But of course, someone who wants games to be copy/pastes all the time then complains when Call of Duty copies/pastes all the time wouldn't understand.

except for the fact that RE4 didn't save the franchise. it killed the franchise and gained it a new fan base. a shallow fan base, who quickly left it.
---
but Black Dynamite, I sell drugs to the community.
#43Weltall548Posted 10/17/2013 12:27:37 PM
Weltall548 posted...
JimothyJohns posted...
Something tells me this another thread to trash on DmC....

The haters will soon show up.

agrissa posted...
Nice poll! Every game on the list are casualized trash indeed! I voted DmC, but Re5/6 easily deserves to win too!

---
Batman: Arkham City is the best game of all time.
#44flame030191Posted 10/17/2013 12:29:10 PM
NG3 with Skyrim right behind it.

NG series is all about complicated sections with difficult fights. NG3 you truly could not die on the easy mode and the hard mode was easier than the previous games' easy modes. Anyone could pick that game up, beat it, and claim they were good at it. The story also took a major turn for the worse.

Skyrim removed so much of what made TES what it was. They took out penalties for levelling up, requiring you to be proficient in certain areas to progress, encumbrance was incredibly casualized, the stories were dulled down, the game shortened, the dungeons more linearly designed, etc.

Oblivion arguably started it, but it still retained a lot of what made TES great, and as such, remains comparable to the first 3. Skyrim was just a disappointment.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame Wii U: That_Guy_Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#45riddlebox89Posted 10/17/2013 12:32:14 PM
residentbowers posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
residentbowers posted...
This gen elder scrolls. RE is the most dumbed down out of the group, but that started with 4 when they abandoned their original fan base for whatever they have now.

Except for the fact that RE4 saved the franchise from going under like it would've done if they kept going on with the old tired formula. But of course, someone who wants games to be copy/pastes all the time then complains when Call of Duty copies/pastes all the time wouldn't understand.

except for the fact that RE4 didn't save the franchise. it killed the franchise and gained it a new fan base. a shallow fan base, who quickly left it.

Oh so the people who hated Code Veronica and said that they better do something new with the series soon or stop making them don't exist? Because Code Veronica is the one that nearly killed the franchise with it offering practically nothing new that wasn't already in the first three games.

And lol, plenty of RE fans are still around even after RE4, 5 and 6 and a great many of them love all three of those "horrible" games.

You're just upset because RE4 wasn't made how you wanted it made. RE4 saved the franchise when it was well on its way of dying. That is a fact.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#46lovbbwsPosted 10/17/2013 12:41:32 PM
i voted DmC easy choice for me, i woulda voted if it was just resident evil 6 but i actually really liked RE 5 alot that gets so much hate but i agree with most of the hate for 6 :)
#47-GLICE-Posted 10/17/2013 12:52:52 PM
theshoveller posted...
Like "stalking." And "harassment." And "insult." And "everyone."

Stalking - when you follow someone around from board to board and quote everything they say
Harassment - when you follow someone around and antagonize them
Insult - calling someone a "moron", "clown", "idiot", call them "mentally insane", etc.

Soliquidus posted...
PunkMcThrust posted...
Soliquidus posted...
Where is FF XIII?

FFXII came out last gen, and that game plays itself too. Series already became dumbed down.

I said XIII. The one that came out This Gen. Not XII. Oh, and 12 didn't dumb down the series, especially seeing that it has one of the most complex battle systems in the series. XIII is the one that casualized everything and began Final Fantasys downward spiral. It was a much more streamlined experience, and lacked the depth of previous entries

It should be on your list, and in fact, I think it is the most casualized game of any series This Gen. Meh, whatever I guess

I completely agree.
---
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/californian.gif
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/simma.gif
#48MercedesAmberrPosted 10/17/2013 12:58:22 PM
RE 5/6. TES Skyrim wasn't quite as good as a lot of people said it was, I played it when it had already been out for ages. Oblivion is pretty good, but not the best game ever. Ditto Bioshock Infinite. I loved the story but I definitely preferred the first two. (I like Rapture better than Columbia, and I know that BS2 got a lot of hate but... *shrug*)
---
GT:cyrodilicbrandy
#49redroses_4lifePosted 10/17/2013 1:00:13 PM
NG3.

And they answered to that with an expansion catered to the original fanbase that was even more buggy.
---
Anjar elium farakeeu agua.
Who could possibly fight us?
#50riddlebox89Posted 10/17/2013 1:07:19 PM
-GLICE- posted...
theshoveller posted...
Like "stalking." And "harassment." And "insult." And "everyone."

Stalking - when you follow someone around from board to board and quote everything they say
Harassment - when you follow someone around and antagonize them
Insult - calling someone a "moron", "clown", "idiot", call them "mentally insane", etc.

And yet whenever you're caught doing any of these, the meanings of the words seem to escape you completely to the point where you deny any of it.

Therefor, you don't know the meaning of them.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.