This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D game without innovative and revolutionary gameplay not deserve 10/10.

#1NessaJ_TuNPosted 10/17/2013 10:44:57 AM
Confirm, RE4 deserve 10/10 than anything release this gen or maybe Deus Ex HR and Demon's Souls for honorable mention. Everything else are just games that playing save, no creativity and innovation.
#2crazyj10Posted 10/17/2013 10:56:23 AM
What makes it 'Revolutionary gameplay' at the time of a typical review? It takes time for the effects of a game's choices to be seen. Even if YOU personally really liked something the game did, it doesn't make it revolutionary.
---
"Don't worry. I'm here. Someone told me I'm the only one who can save the world."
-Purple Heart
#3theshovellerPosted 10/17/2013 11:07:02 AM
I disagree. If you boiled everything down to its base elements, nothing is new and innovative, aside from maybe Katamari Damacy. I mean, that's fairly unique and can't think of anything even remotely similar to it, but that's getting off-track.

If it's an exemplary specimen of its genre, or of all genres, then it deserves a 10. Ingenuity and revolutionary things can help it out to be an exemplary specimen, but are not required.
---
Stupid, stupid rat creatures!!!
#4xenosaga123Posted 10/17/2013 11:07:16 AM
RE4 and its overrated fanbase and exaggerated scores behind it, is an embarrassment in the industry.

By that logic of favoritism towards innovation and "revolutionary" gameplay, Wii U should be the #1 best console since it's different from every other platform. Wii consoles would be praised for having the "greatest controllers in the world"

But guess what, you could have the most innovative/revolutionary product, and it can still suck and played/used less than games/platforms that use tried and true formulas that are fun and work well.
#5NessaJ_TuN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 11:21:31 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
RE4 and its overrated fanbase and exaggerated scores behind it, is an embarrassment in the industry.

By that logic of favoritism towards innovation and "revolutionary" gameplay, Wii U should be the #1 best console since it's different from every other platform. Wii consoles would be praised for having the "greatest controllers in the world"

But guess what, you could have the most innovative/revolutionary product, and it can still suck and played/used less than games/platforms that use tried and true formulas that are fun and work well.

Innovative is not "gimmicks", WII U is try to be different by "gimmicks". Thats not an innovation, its a waste of time, Non gamer and Casual would be interested with this though. If WII U is so innovative, why all of the features that put inside the game has been very underwhelming? hey Mario kart, second screen for map, Batman AC second screen for map, whats the point? Nintendo clearly doesn't put a lot of thought for gaming when built the device.

Comparing WII U to RE4 is insulting. RE4 is both innovative and revolutionary game, all of the mechanics that the creator put inside have a reason, not just there for gimmicks nonsense, its a game design masterpiece, please don't compare RE4 to failure WII-U. Just look how many third person action genre use the shoulder view of RE4, yeah including GoW, Uncharted, TLoU, Tomb Raider, Binary Domain, Vanquish(same creator btw) and another hundreds third person game. RE4 is a masterpiece, deal with it.

http://www.gamesradar.com/why-resident-evil-4-one-greatest-games-ever-made/
#6Hollywood nWoPosted 10/17/2013 11:22:59 AM
What makes those games revolutionary out innovative tc?
---
Finally Made Sage!!!
R.I.P Arianna Salanitro 2007-2008 (my daughter)
#7crazyj10Posted 10/17/2013 11:25:12 AM
Hollywood nWo posted...
What makes those games revolutionary out innovative tc?

RE4's claim to that is the Over The Shoulder camera, which most - if not all - TPS games use nowadays. Other than that, it's just a fun (If clunky) action game.
---
"Don't worry. I'm here. Someone told me I'm the only one who can save the world."
-Purple Heart
#8AlltraPosted 10/17/2013 11:31:10 AM(edited)
Deny.

Any game can get a 10/10, it doesn't have to be revolutionary or innovative. As long as the game is executed flawlessly, even if you've seen it 100 times already, it still deserves a 10/10.

"If WII U is so innovative, why all of the features that put inside the game has been very underwhelming?"

Because they've be implemented poorly. The features themselves are innovative and revolutionary, but they underperform because of poor implementation.
---
"Cute" is a kiddy euphemism for "Sexy".
Online is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
#9Hollywood nWoPosted 10/17/2013 11:26:22 AM
xenosaga123 posted...

Well all they did was combine a touch screen idea that wasn't Nintendos to begin with, and seeing the game on a screen other than the TV, which you've been able to do on ps3 for years, so no.
---
Finally Made Sage!!!
R.I.P Arianna Salanitro 2007-2008 (my daughter)
#10A_Nonny_MoosePosted 10/17/2013 11:27:19 AM
Deny obviously. That's just stupid.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png