This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D game without innovative and revolutionary gameplay not deserve 10/10.

#21riddlebox89Posted 10/17/2013 12:10:30 PM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
Lmao, I don't even know you can aim your gun in RE1, 2, 3, oh well.

Mention them, don't just talk out of your ass. Thank you.

Nope, its way different.

http://muhammadsakil.blogspot.ca/2013/07/freedom-fighters-pc-game_5550.html

to

http://www.giantbomb.com/images/1300-2348649

Re4 camera is what most game used nowadays, Freedom Fighters camera is try hard to be similar to FPS.

Lol, apparently you don't know what the term "aiming" means. Guess what kid? In RE1, you hit R1, you're aiming your gun.

Now why would I mention them when you'll just go full fanboy and deny everything I said? You know, like you just denied Freedom Fighters uses the same over the shoulder camera, which it does.

RE4 is not innovative or revolutionary, that is a fact, what was done with it has been done before, deal with it.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#22Hollywood nWoPosted 10/17/2013 12:11:01 PM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
"the aim/shoot controls are practically the same"

"There's been plenty of over the shoulder action games before it, and plenty of survival horror-ish games that play similar to it."

"Freedom Fighters"

Nope, its way different.

to

Re4 camera is what most game used nowadays, Freedom Fighters camera is try hard to be similar to FPS.

No, YouTube Freedom Fighters, especially trailer, it had different angles. You'll see it in the first clip.
---
Finally Made Sage!!!
R.I.P Arianna Salanitro 2007-2008 (my daughter)
#23NessaJ_TuN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 12:16:40 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...

Nope, its way different.

to

Lol, apparently you don't know what the term "aiming" means. Guess what kid? In RE1, you hit R1, you're aiming your gun.

Now why would I mention them when you'll just go full fanboy and deny everything I said? You know, like you just denied Freedom Fighters uses the same over the shoulder camera, which it does.

RE4 is not innovative or revolutionary, that is a fact, what was done with it has been done before, deal with it.

Deny everything u said? which one? I give u proof on the pictures, I am not just mentioning over should camera in general, its RE4 over the shoulder camera that changed the perspective of third person action adventure game these days. Every game before hasn't get it, RE4 invented this style. Aiming? yeah apparently that consider aiming lol, have you ever try aim with a real gun? lol.
#24Mad_CauliflowerPosted 10/17/2013 12:17:26 PM
deny
---
<-<- Proud Non-Jaded Gamer & Graphics Whore ->->
Z87 Extremem4 | Intel i7 4770 3.4Ghz | 32GB DDR3 PC2133 RipjawsX | GTX 780 3GB | 120GB SSD
#25NessaJ_TuN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2013 12:19:32 PM
Hollywood nWo posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...
"the aim/shoot controls are practically the same"

"There's been plenty of over the shoulder action games before it, and plenty of survival horror-ish games that play similar to it."

"Freedom Fighters"

Nope, its way different.

to

No, YouTube Freedom Fighters, especially trailer, it had different angles. You'll see it in the first clip.

I have seen it, freedom fighters is not exactly over the shoulder camera we talking about. Its a center gamera, just zoomed it, so it looks like over the shoulder, but its no really over the shoulder. RE4 is like exactly a shoulder view when you wield a gun.
#26riddlebox89Posted 10/17/2013 12:28:48 PM
NessaJ_TuN posted...
Deny everything u said? which one? I give u proof on the pictures, I am not just mentioning over should camera in general, its RE4 over the shoulder camera that changed the perspective of third person action adventure game these days. Every game before hasn't get it, RE4 invented this style. Aiming? yeah apparently that consider aiming lol, have you ever try aim with a real gun? lol.

Let me tell you something kid, the "proof" you gave in the pictures, isn't something that supports your argument. The pictures clearly show Freedom Fighters having an over the shoulder camera.

Lol, RE4 didn't invent a goddamned thing.

Yes actually I have aimed and shot a real gun, but is this relevant? No. And it doesn't make you saying "lol i didn't know you could aim your gun in RE1 2 3." any less stupid.
---
#27Hollywood nWoPosted 10/17/2013 12:36:20 PM
His body is on the left side of the screen, crosshairs in the middle, your focus is over his right shoulder. It takes a big man to admit when they're wrong.
---
Finally Made Sage!!!
R.I.P Arianna Salanitro 2007-2008 (my daughter)
#28Mad_CauliflowerPosted 10/17/2013 12:37:34 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...

Let me tell you something kid, the "proof" you gave in the pictures, isn't something that supports your argument. The pictures clearly show Freedom Fighters having an over the shoulder camera.

Yes actually I have aimed and shot a real gun, but is this relevant? No. And it doesn't make you saying "lol i didn't know you could aim your gun in RE1 2 3." any less stupid.

Is he actually claiming that RE4 did something new with the camera?
---
<-<- Proud Non-Jaded Gamer & Graphics Whore ->->
Z87 Extremem4 | Intel i7 4770 3.4Ghz | 32GB DDR3 PC2133 RipjawsX | GTX 780 3GB | 120GB SSD
#29SixStringHeroPosted 10/17/2013 12:38:30 PM
Restriction Evil 4 wasn't that innovative. You still had the cumbersome controls. Seriously, not being able to move and shoot at the same time or strafe was a ridiculous concept in 2005, and this is exactly what RE4 did. Even Silent Hill let your character move and attack at the same time.

The camera angle made RE4 more cinematic and feel more claustrophobic as it limited your peripheral view. It was a nice touch to add suspense but TPS games were already moving in this direction. Ghost Recon 2 had a third person view that was similar, and that released a year prior to RE4.

It wasn't until Revelations and RE6 that we got proper controls where the character could move and shoot. If you're going to show Chris and Leon doing over the top moves during a cut scene and then limit our movements during actual game play, well that kills the immersion and contradicts what the character is capable of.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#30riddlebox89Posted 10/17/2013 1:05:38 PM
Mad_Cauliflower posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
NessaJ_TuN posted...

Is he actually claiming that RE4 did something new with the camera?

Yup, he's claiming that RE4 invented the over the shoulder camera.
---