This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm still not seeing games on PS4 look a whole lot better than PS3

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 10/18/2013 9:09:11 PM
I know PS3 is at the end of the cycle and games always look the worst @ launch -- having said that - the PS3 is STILL AN 8 year old piece of hardware....I saw some clips of Second Son and I swear it looks like a PS3 game
#2SHAO-KhanPosted 10/19/2013 4:17:31 AM
I saw a huge difference in the Dynasty Warriors 8 ps4 edition
---
"If we're Evil or Divine , We're the Last in Line" - Ronnie James Dio
#3riddlebox89Posted 10/19/2013 4:26:36 AM
And? Were you honestly expecting them to look that much better graphically?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#4LionheartCJPosted 10/19/2013 4:33:25 AM
There really isnt much left to do with graphics these days, the last big leap was PS2-PS3 and that had alot to do with HD. I imagine the next huuuuge leap is when 4/8K takes off
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkwiQmGWK4c - Oh Don Piaaaaaano
#5Pantera420xPosted 10/19/2013 5:49:59 AM
You know how it goes man, same with the PS3 launch, its takes about a year for devs to get familiar with the hardware and stat using its power...early PS3 games looked like PS2 games...just gotta give it some time.

Thats why I don't buy consoles at launch anymore..it takes about a year before it starts getting good.
#6Devilman_AmonPosted 10/19/2013 5:52:31 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
I know PS3 is at the end of the cycle and games always look the worst @ launch -- having said that - the PS3 is STILL AN 8 year old piece of hardware....I saw some clips of Second Son and I swear it looks like a PS3 game

Dynasty Warriors 6
Spider-Man 3
NBA2K7
Fantastic Four
Incredible Hulk
Dynasty Warriors Gundam

Early launch games didnt look that impressive either. Its too early...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#7NextGenISbetterPosted 10/19/2013 6:00:56 AM(edited)
Open your eyes TC.

Current gen is always bad
---
Next gen is better. Read my user name if you are at all confused by this. Will $ony be in last place again next gen ?
#8OdinfanPosted 10/19/2013 6:00:20 AM
Developers, just now have been given the freedom to work with higher resolution textures on the scale of Crysis 3, for example. You're not going to see a huge leap because you've probably already seen them do it on PC, though now there are no real memory limitations or frame rate issues to worry about.

Given that it's taken them this long to reveal the new consoles, you'd expect a little more than something PC gamers have had since 2007.
---
"I'm not Ayu Ayu!" - Tsukimiya Ayu, Kanon
Because "Uguu!" is overused....
#9ShineboxerPosted 10/19/2013 6:04:38 AM
Odinfan posted...
Developers, just now have been given the freedom to work with higher resolution textures on the scale of Crysis 3, for example. You're not going to see a huge leap because you've probably already seen them do it on PC, though now there are no real memory limitations or frame rate issues to worry about.

Given that it's taken them this long to reveal the new consoles, you'd expect a little more than something PC gamers have had since 2007.

Agreed, Consoles are barely catching on to PC gameplay from several years ago.

I can see the difference however.

Console really look like an ugly, colorless, grainy, mess.
---
Intel Core i7-4770K | MSI Z87-G45 GAMING | MSI GeForce GTX 780 | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#10majin nemesisPosted 10/19/2013 6:26:18 AM
Shineboxer posted...
Odinfan posted...

Agreed, Consoles are barely catching on to PC gameplay from several years ago.

I can see the difference however.

Console really look like an ugly, colorless, grainy, mess.

stop playing western games... >_>
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage