This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm still not seeing games on PS4 look a whole lot better than PS3

#21shawnmckPosted 10/19/2013 5:42:56 PM
The launch games of the PS3 didn't look much better than PS2 games either.
It's what always happens with launch games.
It will be another year until you start to actually see the noticeable difference in graphics.
#22JenniferTatePosted 10/19/2013 6:01:52 PM
it ain't a NES to SNES or N64 to PS2 leap, that's for sure.

But I thought the leap tp 360 and PS3 wasn't much until a few years in.
---
"Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer." - Scott Stratten
#23irishroseisgoodPosted 10/19/2013 6:04:40 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
archizzy posted...
I'm hoping the biggest notice will be in performance. More stable frame rates with less slowdown. More stuff on screen without suffering. More seamless loading, better draw distance, quick menus/loads/saves.

I'm not expecting it, but remain hopeful. That will make a bigger impact on me in the early stages.

I'm not paying $400-$500 just for that!

what?! That's what you want!
There is always going to be a huge graphic bump, even in launch titles. You have to wait till you get your hands on them.
I remember in the later days of ps2 I thought it would be hard to top FF12 and God of War.
I'm just happy not to playing as a pointy pixilated block man. People are so spoiled with graphics.
---
psn: BeerIsGood976
360: beerisgood976
#24SexySamSosa67Posted 10/19/2013 6:12:17 PM
A fair comparison would be PS3 launch game graphics and PS4 launch graphics.
---
GTA V Trevor UMvC3 Arthur, Nemesis, Sentinel
DOA5U Lisa, Jann Lee SSF4 AE E. Ryu
#25nyannyan91Posted 10/19/2013 6:27:19 PM
Given time when PS4 is out for 2-3 years already we'll see it's potential. Now is little bit too earlier to tell.
#26true_gamer80Posted 10/20/2013 9:03:43 AM(edited)
shawnmck posted...
The launch games of the PS3 didn't look much better than PS2 games either.
It's what always happens with launch games.
It will be another year until you start to actually see the noticeable difference in graphics.

or you know actually pay attention to the launch titles lol.....a year until we notice a diff wtf lol???

Is this the twilight zone?

Everything looks better, I do agree as time goes on thing will loo even better but what in the world is wrong with some of you guys eyesight right now?

Look at AC, pinball arcade, nba2k14, pretty much any ps4 game there is a major diff.....major to the point I question how many games some of you pay attention to or actually informed upon to be saying theres no graphical diff or minor diff.....the diff in some games is staggering.....

the games that aren't shared between gens tend to look even better....this topic completely and utterly baffles me.

Also ps3 launch games looked much much much much better thn ps2 games as did ps2 launch games compared to the ps1....

I really question many things I have read in this topic......twilight zone in here or just plain inexperience talking
---
Kool Keith-intergalactic leader of the halfsharkalligator halfman space men
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyS2y4vysIY
#27servb0tsPosted 10/20/2013 9:17:00 AM
Shineboxer posted...
servb0ts posted...
I saw FFXV look a lot better than PS3 graphics, even though I don't care about the graphics. I just don't see any PS4 games released worthy of my Must Buy System purchase.

Are you seriously saying you can't see a visible difference or noticeable difference yet or are you just reassuring your own choice to not buy a new console like most people in this topic are doing?

Who cares about visuals, when there is no games of my interest on the PS4 right now. I buy Consoles for games not graphics.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems.
A Strong Fighter is not One who Wins the Fight, But One who can Stands after Defeat.
#28SoaringDivePosted 10/20/2013 9:19:02 AM
IIRC, KZ4 can have 24 different fleshed-out AI at once while KZ2 and KZ3 could only have 7 or 8.

There's more to games than pretty graphics.
---
Check out my sound cloud! I write orchestra pieces, sometimes piano solos: https://soundcloud.com/soaringdive