This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

admit it, Final fantasy XIII has the best OST out of ALL the FF games

#111evillockePosted 10/31/2013 8:35:56 AM
Shin_Gallon posted...
Everyone's arguing XIII or VII, while Final Fantasy VI is just over here having the best OST of the series.

OH PLEASE
---
In Super Mario Bros., do you call it a mushroom or a big? - shonen_guy
#112Arn544Posted 10/31/2013 8:42:55 AM
evillocke posted...
Shin_Gallon posted...
Everyone's arguing XIII or VII, while Final Fantasy VI is just over here having the best OST of the series.

OH PLEASE

Never understood this website's... like lust filled obsession towards FF6

It's a good game, very high quality but it was extremely easy and a little silly.
Did anybody actually watch the scene where Kefka takes over? Steps between a couple of statues... it's kinda like the scene in windwaker where the guy sneaks up and touches the trifroce, it's just lame.
#113Benny-26Posted 10/31/2013 8:58:34 AM
For overall quality I'd go with VIII ...easily.
#114justdontaskPosted 10/31/2013 9:04:01 AM
ill stand by that statement TC. Lightning's theme and BBL are both really good. not to mention the many versions of Serah's Theme throughout. and you cant forget March of the Dreadnought.

and with the remaster for X coming up, the few songs ive heard from the remaster sound so much better, though theyve been picking songs that werent exactly that great to begin with.

and ive come to the realization that the best songs in every FF are overshadowed by one that plays just a few moments before or after.
---
i rarely return to topics i post in, if you have a problem with my posts, PM me.
i do track topics i create for a few days.
#115SinfullyvannilaPosted 10/31/2013 9:04:29 AM
6's soundtrack is far more a technical achievement more than an artistic one.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#116renzsweetPosted 10/31/2013 9:07:36 AM
I am going to have to give my vote to X/X-2.
---
I praise the name of Jesus.
#117VincentXPosted 10/31/2013 9:18:45 AM
You (TC) might like it more than the others, which is fine, but I honestly don't think it's the best or even second best. XIII has good music, but a lot of it either not memorable or relatively generic orchestral stuff. I think the normal battle music "Blinded by Light" is really good (one of the great battle songs in the series) and I think "My Hands" really helped the amazing ending; but other than those two, one of which wasn't even made for the game, I didn't think the music was anything outstanding.

Personally my favorite OST is the one for FFVIII. I love this game's music, Balamb Garden, FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC, "Force Your Way" (Boss Battle music), The Extreme, "Eyes on Me" and especially Fisherman's Horizon (once listened to that one on a loop for 20 minutes, very relaxing).
I also think FFX (love that battle music and Besaid Island), FFVI (the Opera, Terra's Theme, the Boss Music, Dancing Mad, Kefka's theme, and many others) and FFVII (Aeris's Theme, Tifa's Theme, Cid's Theme, Cosmo Canyon, Birth of a God, JENOVA just to name a few) have much better soundtracks than XIII.

Again, if you (TC) really enjoy XIII's soundtrack more than the others then that's your opinion and I won't argue that; but I honestly don't think it can stand up to a lot of the earlier games.
---
Nep-Nep! Neppy! Neptuna! Nepperoni! Neptunia! Neptune!
Doesn't matter how you say her name, Neptune is awesome.
#118Godly_GoofPosted 10/31/2013 9:24:09 AM
Arn544 posted...
evillocke posted...
Shin_Gallon posted...

OH PLEASE

Never understood this website's... like lust filled obsession towards FF6

It's a good game, very high quality but it was extremely easy and a little silly.
Did anybody actually watch the scene where Kefka takes over? Steps between a couple of statues... it's kinda like the scene in windwaker where the guy sneaks up and touches the trifroce, it's just lame.

It helps when you READ rather than just WATCH what's going on.

Also, Spinnach Rag, Terra's theme, Celes' theme, Opera, Setzers theme, Searching for Friends, and both boss and normal enemy battle music etc. easily dominate pretty much any other FF games OST
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#119EbonyEyePosted 10/31/2013 9:26:59 AM
One winged Angel not a good song?!?

FF 7 is not my favorite,but OWA is pure Awesomeness,especially Advent:OWA

Sry dude but from 6 onwards i think every FF has a better Ost than 13(not including XIII-2,since that is awesome)
---
Those who call others Fanboys are some themselves.I just think of those personalities: "they like other Games/Features than me,what is the big deal?"
#120Bellum_SacrumPosted 10/31/2013 9:31:52 AM
TC is young and confused.

The superlative of "bad" is "worst", not "best", don't let that "b" confuse you. Stay in school.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."