This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Y was skyrim hated on so much(if at all)?

#1Radman55Posted 10/31/2013 7:42:38 PM
Is it just any game popular game gets hated on? I mean elder scroll games to me are one of the games u just don't bash cause u know they a good games even if u don't like them.

I just think stuff like this turns off people who would enjoy the game just because it gets so much attention. I mean tes games earned their place in popularity.

Anybody have thoughts on this?
---
Zhao yun
#2toadiemanPosted 10/31/2013 7:49:56 PM
I enjoyed it despite the glitches.
#3BuretsuPosted 10/31/2013 7:50:56 PM
Reasons:

1) Skyrim, like most Bethesda releases, was full of bugs ranging from the bizarre (dragons flying backwards) to completely game-breaking
2) Skyrim, as compared to previous games in the series like Oblivion, was simplified, from the skill system to the UI, which was 100% designed for consoles and the PC version was stuck with it as well
3) The PS3 port of Skyrim was noticeably inferior to the 360 port of Skyrim
4) People used to like Skyrim, but then they heard the "arrow to the knee" meme one too many times
---
9/17/2013: A dark day in history. SEGA Sammy acquires Index.
RIP: Atlus games ever leaving Japan
#4arclouks_xPosted 10/31/2013 7:57:23 PM(edited)
I dont hate it but I didn't like it, story was boring, gameplay slow and clunky,world felt empty and boring, characters were completely forgettable I dont really care for pointless sidequests and all the glitches, I still had fun with what I played but could have been better.

While I think it's heavily overrated I understand why people like it.
---
PSN:JustArc_
Now playing:The Walking Dead(Vita),Resident Evil 4 HD, Shadow of the Colossus HD.
#5Hollywood nWoPosted 10/31/2013 8:07:50 PM
arclouks_x posted...
I dont hate it but I didn't like it, story was boring, gameplay slow and clunky,world felt empty and boring, characters were completely forgettable I dont really care for pointless sidequests and all the glitches, I still had fun with what I played but could have been better.

While I think it's heavily overrated I understand why people like it.

^ This, plus I loved Morrowind so much, the last two don't come close to it. It's very disappointing.
---
Finally Made Sage!!!
R.I.P Arianna Salanitro 2007-2008 (my daughter)
#6TerryJ999Posted 10/31/2013 8:09:08 PM
First elder scroll game I played and loved it. Encounter little to none glitches/bugs.
#7DevilTears604Posted 10/31/2013 8:21:14 PM
TerryJ999 posted...
First elder scroll game I played and loved it. Encounter little to none glitches/bugs.

Same here. I absolutely love Skyrim. It baffled me that I could buy a game THAT enormous for only $60.
---
Gamers are too reactionary. Games are like fine wine, they must linger for us to get their true taste. There are plenty of examples.
#8Godly_GoofPosted 10/31/2013 8:38:29 PM
About 700 hours invested in it and will definitely be going back to it again at some point. I love ES games, only glitches I ever encountered with it was the minor lag issue that could occur but then I just turned the system off and on and it fixes it.

Oh and the water glitch but I just reinstalled everything and then worked great.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#9BaseChouGokuPosted 10/31/2013 8:48:56 PM
It had ugly graphics that looked like clumpy steamy hot liquid poop and was glitchy on the PS3
#10LUMEIIPosted 10/31/2013 8:57:39 PM
Because people blew the actual amount of significant dumbing down way out of proportion, and they compared it to games that they easily overlook the flaws of. Many were already prepared to hate it before it even came out. And only a portion of the reasons are legit complaints.

Standard fare for all games these days, really. Which is actually kind of telling...
---
Lalalalalalalalalala, ooh